First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370Z manual
Occupation
Student, mechanic
I apologize in advance for the long text but there is a lot I have in my heart and what I need advice / help…

Today was a very difficult day. What could have gone wrong, went wrong. You will definitely know this feeling ?

The usual work: oil change, throttle valves cleaning and fender retrofitting were extended to 8 hours due to complications, and I finished with the forces at the ends at 1:30 in the morning
:(((((

But let's get to the point:

I decided to clean the throttles so I disconnected them from the air vent and cleaned them. I tossed the throttle again with electricity and plugged it in.
Since then, the engine gives me the sound I send on video at the right throttle, plus the check engine throws me out after cleaning, plugging in and throwing in. Due to a broken gravel, I was forced to move the car with one throttle engaged (I mean electronically). The speed was a maximum of 1500 more, it was not even possible due to the weak air supply… Fortunately, I managed to temporarily glue the broken electric suply to throttle valve (idk how to say it :)) ), seal it and throw it back on. The engine is going as fast as before, but since then it has been making me that sound and throws out the check engine. An unpleasant sound comes somewhere from (not specifically from the throttle valve) the throttle valve which did not have a broken stitch !!!

1. Do you think the sound is coming from the engine or is a hose or something knocking on the engine?

2. Does the check engine need to be cleared by diagnostics or whhas an error occurred?

3. Could cleaning the throttles have something seriously wrong with the engine when it makes such a sound?

I am extremely grateful to you in advance for your advice !!!
It is a difficult and especially sad situation for me because I am afraid that such knocking signals a leaped tooth divorce, old divorces, will on crank or connecting rod bearings ? However, I am not experienced in these VQ engines and therefore I ask the more able of you if they have ever encountered this, what was it, or how they solved it?

Feel free to write me a private message if it’s possible. Thank you very much again. I am very appreciative of any help.

Goodbye Z owners!

Car: Nissan 370Z manual 94000km

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
im at work so by what i can put togther , recheck all your vac lines and check also that you didnt move the throttle blade out of position

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
im at work so by what i can put togther , recheck all your vac lines and check also that you didnt move the throttle blade out of position
This is good..when the new Z actually does get here the forum will be anle to transfer to a help forum where we can discuss any issues ..hope the problem gets solved