370z Engine replacement

echaves31

First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Nissan 370 Fairlady
Hi! I bought my 2012 370Z Roadster with an automatic transmission last June. I am the cars third owner and was under the impression it was taken care of as it only has 45K miles on it when purchased. Quickly i found out the grass was not greener on the other side. I have already replaced the catalytic converters and shortly after the engine started to have cylinder misfires along with mass oil consumption. Initially when it was throwing the code we thought maybe it had something to do with the spark plugs so we replaced those as well. A couple months down the road it was taken to a town Nissan dealership, and they found it is still having a cylinder 1 misfire. They noted the intake is not full of oil but it is oily, and the #1 coil has a burn spot along with is being covered in burnt oil. Cylinder 3 is running at 190 PSi, and cylinder #5 is running at 150 PSi when the compression test was ran the other 4 were within normal recommended range. The engine is burning 1 quart of oil every 700 miles, and they think either the rings or valves are burnt. Overall they're suggesting a full engine replacement...New short block, remanufactured engine, gasket kit, valve assembly, in total its a very costly repair job. Wondering if anyone out there has had similar issues and if an engine replacement was the avenue you took to solve the issues. Thank you!

Zenogias

First Name
Danial
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Dang I think you got hoodwinked Emily.. That is a real bummer, wish you luck in the repairs.

OP
OP

echaves31

First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Nissan 370 Fairlady
Thank you! I'm on another forum that's been helpful as well.