First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
In my short 15 min test drive I had, the Z clutch is MUCH easier to manage then pre 2015 Nismo 370z clutches were. The 370z would get tiresome in traffic due to the heavy and very high engagement point, but you could get around that by blipping the throttle. I think the Z's clutch wouldn't be so bad for a daily

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
I like the old heavier/higher clutches.
Got use to it and prefer it over lighter clutches.

bruce_c

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z 2015 wrx 1967 gto 1928 pontiac
Thanks all. It sounds like my 2012 G37S was more like the older 370Zs (makes sense). I'm really liking the new Z's clutch and transmission. Finally, getting used to SRM and even hill start assist.
Is there a way to turnoff hill start assist? I can't find it in the manual, and the salesman didn't know

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Is there a way to turnoff hill start assist? I can't find it in the manual, and the salesman didn't know
I haven't found a way to do this either (in the manual or the menus).

I did hear on this forum that there's a way a service department can turn off the ASE/ANC, which I had done (see here).

Even though I initially diskliked hill start assist and SRM (which you can turn off), I decided to give both a try before heading into the dealer to check. The jury is still out on hill start assist. This in the first manual I've had with this feature, and it initially freaked me out. I'm getting used to it, but there are still times I feel like I'm fighting it. Being able to roll back on a hill is one way to "learn" a clutch, and because of hill start assist, it seems like it's taking a bit longer to really know the car.

It might be worth starting a thread on hill start assist to see if anyone else knows.