FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
FINALLY some good info. Thanks for posting. There is hope yet for the Z brand! Drop the 400hp version and some weight and this thing will be back at the top of my want list.

Interesting that the more powerful version will be released first followed by the detuned one.
nah that's how it's done. the hype is high sell more of the higher priced model first plus people will want the 400hp anyways out the gate. it'll be people who know what it is and want it. the 300hp is for the people who don't care and it's just a car that's nice getting them from A to B.

all the 2016 Camaro's in my area so far you wanna guess what they are? all 2SS package models (highest available).

sun tzu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Mustang GT
True tho the camaro is a more enthusiast/ performance car overall than the Q50/60.

Anyway I'm relieved it looks like we'll be getting a TT V6 after all and not a hybrid or any of the other rumors pointing to a watered down Z. Also a 4 banger only just wouldn't be right. I'm disappointed Ford decided to basically replace the NA V6 in the Mustang with a turbo 4.

350ZZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 350Z NISMO
nah that's how it's done. the hype is high sell more of the higher priced model first plus people will want the 400hp anyways out the gate. it'll be people who know what it is and want it. the 300hp is for the people who don't care and it's just a car that's nice getting them from A to B.

all the 2016 Camaro's in my area so far you wanna guess what they are? all 2SS package models (highest available).
Exactly. No coincidence the first new Audi R8 model available is the V10 Plus, the most expensive and high powered model.

MRichter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bmw 325i
i'm still trying to see any validity in the newest C&D article which hints at the new engine may get dropped in current Z body which technically following current naming convention would fall back to 300Z? lol

I highly doubt they would use a brand new engine in an 8 year old model.
Yea and one with anemic sales in need of lightweighting and definitely overdue for a make over. There would be no point to it. It won't spark sales enough to justify keeping the brand going and yea, a 370Z with a 3.0L engine makes no sense.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Yea and one with anemic sales in need of lightweighting and definitely overdue for a make over. There would be no point to it. It won't spark sales enough to justify keeping the brand going and yea, a 370Z with a 3.0L engine makes no sense.
A Z with 400hp tt 3.0 is quite ok with me lol

I'd def but a new one with that engine

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
but to go further on that I do agree engine update alone is good but the body is now 8 years old at this point. as much as I think the 370 is one amazing body but it is time for an update.

Seong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 CBR600
No company waits 8 yrs for a platform change anymore. The life cycle changeovers have gotten shorter to keep up with the technology and competition. Also more sense of urgency to make cars lighter and more fuel efficient to meet CAFE etc.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
No company waits 8 yrs for a platform change anymore. The life cycle changeovers have gotten shorter to keep up with the technology and competition. Also more sense of urgency to make cars lighter and more fuel efficient to meet CAFE etc.
8 years isn't bad for a lifecycle for the Z34. they tried to keep it fresh with the front bumper update in 2013 although they basically repurposed the 350z front bumper. the 2015 nismo update is very good looking in my opinion as well. more or less it has been a longer life cycle than the 350 but they've made enough updates to keep it fresh. some power or suspension upgrades over the years would have been nice too though lol

as for the lightweight part its gonna be hard to drop weight with all the tech and also the massive amount of safety equipment of todays cars. if the Z is the same weight with 400hp (68hp increase) with maybe some better roll bars stock or suspension upgrades, i'll be happy. the weight now is ok but you add power I'm in lol

Ultima

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
as for the lightweight part its gonna be hard to drop weight with all the tech and also the massive amount of safety equipment of todays cars. if the Z is the same weight with 400hp (68hp increase) with maybe some better roll bars stock or suspension upgrades, i'll be happy. the weight now is ok but you add power I'm in lol
I know I'm asking for a lot but I'd like to see both weight loss and power gain. I know the power gain is guaranteed if they go with the V6 TT but we have no idea on weight yet. The entire industry as a whole is seeing a renewed focus on dropping weight in order to gain performance and efficiency. Also doesn't hurt that losing weight makes a car more fun to drive overall. The new Mustang was maligned for basically dropping no weight while its nemesis the Camaro has been celebrated for losing substantial weight. It's becoming a marketing point and helps sells cars now.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
I know I'm asking for a lot but I'd like to see both weight loss and power gain. I know the power gain is guaranteed if they go with the V6 TT but we have no idea on weight yet. The entire industry as a whole is seeing a renewed focus on dropping weight in order to gain performance and efficiency. Also doesn't hurt that losing weight makes a car more fun to drive overall. The new Mustang was maligned for basically dropping no weight while its nemesis the Camaro has been celebrated for losing substantial weight. It's becoming a marketing point and helps sells cars now.

I agree that it's the way everything is moving in the industry. I would love a power bump and weight shedding but honestly if they bump to 400 and keep it at the current weight it would still be a win.

tetsuo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Maxima
OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Nice read. I bet all the aftermarket tuners eyes lit up when they saw that the new engine will be twin turbo. Just provides such an easier platform to extract power from.
not only the fact it's twin turbo but the tenability of the system stock seems to be a big plus from all that I've read. electronic waste gates and speed density set up to tune the turbo rpm. it'll be interesting to see what happens.

personally my initial mods to the engine with be a full 3" straight exhaust, upgraded intakes, and tune. follow that up with a hopeful intercooler or intake manifold upgrade since I feel that those are 2 weak/choke points on the new setup.

J_Watts

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86
Good article thanks for posting. So far they just have images to go off of, looking forward to seeing the aftermarket actually get their hands on one to play with with the understanding of what this could mean for the Z lineup.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Good article thanks for posting. So far they just have images to go off of, looking forward to seeing the aftermarket actually get their hands on one to play with with the understanding of what this could mean for the Z lineup.
I agree. In about a week or so once the info on the Q is dropped at the Detroit show I'm hoping it sheds some light on the next Z in some way.