Sponsored

27 manual shift knob replacement?

barncobob

Member
First Name
robert
Joined
Aug 27, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
19
Reaction score
9
Location
Placerville, CA
Car(s)
24 LC500
Occupation
retired
Has anyone tried it on a 27. After the Youtube visuals on older Zs I am actually hesitant to even try it. Dont care about ruining original but concerned about all the trauma to the shifter rod and the underlying linkage.:sadface:
 

eabrick

Member
First Name
Erik
Joined
Aug 26, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
19
Reaction score
12
Location
Urbandale, IA
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Performance, 2015 GMC Terrain
Occupation
Law Enf. Technology
It was easy on my '24, can't imagine it's much different on a '27?
 

Osage

Well-Known Member
First Name
Wade
Joined
Aug 1, 2026
Threads
11
Messages
85
Reaction score
115
Location
Austin
Car(s)
2027 Z Nismo MT, 2026 Pathfinder Rock Creek
It was easy on my '24, can't imagine it's much different on a '27?
Videos and experiences of others suggest that this is a very difficult operation. Apparently most have tons of Loctite on the main bolt. Even with using a rubber strap wrench, it seems destroying the stock knob may be unavoidable. I’d love to put a Billetworkz knob on the 27, but I don’t want to risk damage in the process.
 

eabrick

Member
First Name
Erik
Joined
Aug 26, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
19
Reaction score
12
Location
Urbandale, IA
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Performance, 2015 GMC Terrain
Occupation
Law Enf. Technology
I mean, it was tight, but I removed mine by hand, and I assure you I'm not a Sasquatch. No damage to the stock knob, either.
 
OP
OP

barncobob

Member
First Name
robert
Joined
Aug 27, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
19
Reaction score
9
Location
Placerville, CA
Car(s)
24 LC500
Occupation
retired
so U didnt have to use any tools? was it a stock knob from the factory.
 

eabrick

Member
First Name
Erik
Joined
Aug 26, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
19
Reaction score
12
Location
Urbandale, IA
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Performance, 2015 GMC Terrain
Occupation
Law Enf. Technology
so U didnt have to use any tools? was it a stock knob from the factory.
Stock knob, never removed before, and I removed it by hand. It would have probably been a little easier with a strap wrench, but I was able to get it with minimal profanity.
 
OP
OP

barncobob

Member
First Name
robert
Joined
Aug 27, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
19
Reaction score
9
Location
Placerville, CA
Car(s)
24 LC500
Occupation
retired
Im a good sized guy 3X hands and short of ripping the skin on my palms that mofo is not coming off w/o tool intervention.
 
 






Top