Hubert

Hubert
First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Here's another quick photo-edit to show how a higher front-bumper profile, would've looked better.

Original
1691465907940.png

Edited
1691465921793.png

1691466117300.png

1691465886672.png

1/4atatime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver 370z 2018
Haven't logged on in a while but I saw the new Nismo launched and figured I'd post some thoughts. I've been watching the entire launch of the new Z since they announced it. I have a 370z that's my baby and I'll drive the thing till the wheels fall off but sadly I can't bring myself to buy one of the new z's. I think Nissan really did a disservice to the legacy of the Nissan sports car. The motor is fine obviously the purist wishes it was NA but turbos are the new thing. But the biggest disappointment is the fact that Nissan is treating the new Z like an afterthought. They basically threw a new motor and body kit on the Z and announced a new car instead of upgraded version. Then they crapped the bed when they tried to release them to this day I still have not seen one in person. Then they raised the price to astronomical levels for a Nissan car. Now they are making a Nismo version slapping 20hp on it and removing the manual. They should just shelve the car now before the ruin the brand entirely.

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
Haven't logged on in a while but I saw the new Nismo launched and figured I'd post some thoughts. I've been watching the entire launch of the new Z since they announced it. I have a 370z that's my baby and I'll drive the thing till the wheels fall off but sadly I can't bring myself to buy one of the new z's. I think Nissan really did a disservice to the legacy of the Nissan sports car. The motor is fine obviously the purist wishes it was NA but turbos are the new thing. But the biggest disappointment is the fact that Nissan is treating the new Z like an afterthought. They basically threw a new motor and body kit on the Z and announced a new car instead of upgraded version. Then they crapped the bed when they tried to release them to this day I still have not seen one in person. Then they raised the price to astronomical levels for a Nissan car. Now they are making a Nismo version slapping 20hp on it and removing the manual. They should just shelve the car now before the ruin the brand entirely.
I totally get your perspective. To me though, the car itself is great. I love the design and for 90+% of buyers, it’s drives great. The issue that impacted the launch is the lack of available units. If they’d been able to build and ship them as planned, pricing would have been MSRP (more supply means lower prices), and you’d see more of them on the road. As for the Nismo, I’m ok with it as well. 20hp increase is in line with the past Nismo Z’s and keep in mind, nobody has said the standard Z is underpowered. The complaint is that it’s hard to put the power to the pavement effectively. The tire and suspension changes should address that and make the Nismo a beast. We’ll see though. I hope and believe things will get back on track because the car and it’s heritage deserve better.

1/4atatime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver 370z 2018
I totally get your perspective. To me though, the car itself is great. I love the design and for 90+% of buyers, it’s drives great. The issue that impacted the launch is the lack of available units. If they’d been able to build and ship them as planned, pricing would have been MSRP (more supply means lower prices), and you’d see more of them on the road. As for the Nismo, I’m ok with it as well. 20hp increase is in line with the past Nismo Z’s and keep in mind, nobody has said the standard Z is underpowered. The complaint is that it’s hard to put the power to the pavement effectively. The tire and suspension changes should address that and make the Nismo a beast. We’ll see though. I hope and believe things will get back on track because the car and it’s heritage deserve better.
I guess my problem is the model lineup and pricing. Once you cross the 60k threshold that the Nismo will certainly come in at my eyes start wandering to other vehicles. Not to mention a 10k upgrade from the base to get a lsd is stupid.

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
I guess my problem is the model lineup and pricing. Once you cross the 60k threshold that the Nismo will certainly come in at my eyes start wandering to other vehicles. Not to mention a 10k upgrade from the base to get a lsd is stupid.
I do agree with you there. The base needs LSD.

goeagles11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z
Man it looks so good. When are we expecting driving impressions to be out?

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Man it looks so good. When are we expecting driving impressions to be out?

There is supposed to be a media day in northern California early September. That is when Nissan also will announce the price as it will mark the official on sale