MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Adding $1k to the MSRP probably won't change dealership ADM tactics either.

Also, with the tax structure in my state, $1k is actually $1,110.
Yeah my state has a 1% property tax per year in addition to the sales tax.

Speaking of the increase I looked through about 20 window stickers last night trying to find every option to see what else has changed. It look like 1,080 is it as all cars come with floor mats and destination. The paints kick plates ect all stayed the same

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

Speaking of the increase I looked through about 20 window stickers last night trying to find every option to see what else has changed. It look like 1,080 is it as all cars come with floor mats and destination. The paints kick plates ect all stayed the same
Is that "property tax" where they charge you the value of things you own on a yearly basis?

I read somewhere that some east coast places have a tax like that.

Our property tax is only for real estate property.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is that "property tax" where they charge you the value of things you own on a yearly basis?

I read somewhere that some east coast places have a tax like that.

Our property tax is only for real estate property.

Yeah it's for cars too in NC. our car sales tax is only 3%. So for example when I register my Z with the DMV in a couple weeks i will owe like 1590 tax but then another 520 as property tax to get a license plate. If you are transferring plates from another car within 90 days you dont have to pay that. But yes every year when you renew your plate you have to pay about 1% of what they deem the car is worth.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Yeah it's for cars too in NC. our car sales tax is only 3%. So for example when I register my Z with the DMV in a couple weeks i will owe like 1590 tax but then another 520 as property tax to get a license plate. If you are transferring plates from another car within 90 days you dont have to pay that. But yes every year when you renew your plate you have to pay about 1% of what they deem the car is worth.
have 2 cars and transfer the plates with each other every <90days 😂

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
have 2 cars and transfer the plates with each other every <90days 😂

Well it only works once. If you pay the tax on a car you currently own it's good for a year. If you buy a new car within that year you can transfer to the new car and not have to pay the tax until the next year. I sold my daily driver last July thinking the Z would be available late summer. So I don't have a plate to transfer. It evens out I guess as I sold my car during the height of the used car price boom. I'm sure it would be worth thousands less if I was to sell now.
Not to mention I want a personal plate and my nismo tag from my Sentra wouldnt have made a lot of sense on the Z lol

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
don't see a price increase showing on Nissan U.S. website
yup I checked that last night and it hasnt updated on their build and price yet but the price increase is 100% in effect as of 3/3

here are the only exceptions

Vehicles under the following conditions will receive price protection at current prices: 1. Sold vehicles designated as customer orders with a customer name in the Order Management System (OMS) 2. Vehicles that are physically in NNA on ground inventory AND are assigned to a dealer order 3. NMEX-produced models that are physically in NNA on ground inventory or are Sea-In-Transit (SIT), AND are assigned to a dealer order The conditions outlined above must be met as of the close of business the day prior to the pricing action effective date.

The following conditions are NOT price protected: 1. Dealers on credit hold. 2. Vehicles that do not meet the specific conditions outlined in the price protection

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
As if msrp already wasn’t high enough compared to the competition. Any news for canada? We canadians still have to pay $1500 extra for automatic trim

Z06fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevrolet SS Sedan, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
entrepreneur

I'm in South Charlotte (Union County). Our county has gotten a lot more aggressive on this and other taxes. A couple years ago, the county went to every house and measured the circumference of the house, additional sheds/buildings on your property, and pools. Of course, our assessments all went up after.

I just got a notice for a trailer I bought at Northern Tool asking me for a copy of my sales receipt so they could assess that personal property tax.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I'm in South Charlotte (Union County). Our county has gotten a lot more aggressive on this and other taxes. A couple years ago, the county went to every house and measured the circumference of the house, additional sheds/buildings on your property, and pools. Of course, our assessments all went up after.

I just got a notice for a trailer I bought at Northern Tool asking me for a copy of my sales receipt so they could assess that personal property tax.
Nuts! Is your trailer parked on your property or storage? Regardless, should not matter for assessment.

Z06fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevrolet SS Sedan, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
entrepreneur
Nuts! Is your trailer parked on your property or storage? Regardless, should not matter for assessment.
It's a simple 5.5 x 10' flat bed. I have it parked in my driveway. I made the mistake of getting a license plate for it because I occasionally use it to haul materials from Lowes. The state must have notified the county so I received a request for the sales receipt so the county could assess a personal property tax.

I've moved 13 times between my time in the military and Johnson & Johnson. NC has traditionally been a pretty relaxed state in regard to regulations and taxes but it does seem to be changing a little bit over the past ~ 5 years.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
At least the markups aren't seeing a price increase!

I found a Blue/Graphite Performance 6MT in North Platte, NE, quite a drive from SoCal where I live. So I'm thinking, hmm, road trip?

The $10k markup dissuaded me. The markup is pretty nasty. Your insurance doesn't cover it, and depreciation ignores it. If you finance, you'll quickly be underwater.

I think the current Z market is targeting people for which money is no object, because the markups just don't make financial sense.

50thZ

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 370z 50th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
I am out. Plus add an increase of 10k or better from dealers. This will hurt Nissan.

anime

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bike
not like anyone is selling them even remotely near msrp any way

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
not like anyone is selling them even remotely near msrp any way

you would be surprised. its a bit tough to track them down especially in the trim/color you want but I see a couple a week pop up in the facebook groups. this is in the minority for sure but they certainly exist