2020 Mid-Engine Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Starts at $59,995

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Yes , I'm aware of the wait times and allocations . It seems many people are waiting for Z51, LT2 , Nose lift, etc.
So I wanted to really just see how long of a wait it would be for basically a stripped base model .
At this point , if it is under a year wait time and I only need to put down a $1k deposit to get in line , it would really help to calm me down about wanting to buy a new vehicle .
Well, good luck getting one. I think the base model is the best version myself.

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
Well, good luck getting one. I think the base model is the best version myself.
Yeah , all the options are cool and all , but once you start paying $80k to $100k for one , then it kind of kills the value and bargain aspect of the car.
Now paying $80k - $100k for a Z06 would obviously be justified by the huge increase in performance .
I specifically asked Ciocca to let me know straight up if I am wasting my time trying to get a C8 for $62k.
So we will see what they tell me

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Yeah , all the options are cool and all , but once you start paying $80k to $100k for one , then it kind of kills the value and bargain aspect of the car.
Now paying $80k - $100k for a Z06 would obviously be justified by the huge increase in performance .
I specifically asked Ciocca to let me know straight up if I am wasting my time trying to get a C8 for $62k.
So we will see what they tell me
Up here in Canada dealers stop taking orders for the Corvette C8 last October and they said they wouldn’t start taking orders again for two years. I’ve talked to two people that I saw driving the C8 and they each paid over $140,000 and up to $150,000 Canadian for the base model with the sports pack and the goodies. But those cars didn’t have everything on them. The very base models were being resold on auto trader for $125,000. There was no such thing as a base C8 Corvette anywhere to be had anywhere.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
V
Up here in Canada dealers stop taking orders for the Corvette C8 last October and they said they wouldn’t start taking orders again for two years. I’ve talked to two people that I saw driving the C8 and they each paid over $140,000 and up to $150,000 Canadian for the base model with the sports pack and the goodies. But those cars didn’t have everything on them. The very base models were being resold on auto trader for $125,000. There was no such thing as a base C8 Corvette anywhere to be had anywhere.
very base model in Aus costs $144k
Don’t want to be a Debbie Downer, but I don’t see you getting one for 62k …and I don’t see you getting one at all even if you pay 144k for another 2 years, in fact here the wait is 3-4 years

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ You really have to wonder why some people have had their brains removed. Obviously another idiot from the More-Money-Than-Sense group. :(

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Just sent an email request to Ciocca Corvette to ask about a base C8. I would rather pay $62k for a base C8 , than pay $53k for a fully equipped Z

And I don't want to buy a Sport Z and have to spend a bunch of time and money getting it to the way I would want it
Please post the reply to this email.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
^ You really have to wonder why some people have had their brains removed. Obviously another idiot from the More-Money-Than-Sense group. :(
I wonder if it was already flooded out and someone was like ehhhhh "send it". Or, someone trying to social media scam GM for a new C8. A lot of dealerships/companies love a good story and give away free vehicles haha. (remember the kid who rolled the truck through a tornado, and a dealership gave the family a free truck?) Oh no, my too expensive payment C8 was written off, maybe someone at GM will see this video and think, "Like a rock! and gimme a new one"

Or just flat out insurance scam to get out of his way over the MRSP markup payments?

But, actually rather impressive to say the least. I'm surprised it didn't hydrolock, maybe due to the intakes being higher up in the rear?

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
Please post the reply to this email.
Hello XXXXXX!

Thank you for you interest in getting on our C8 Stingray reservation list.

We are currently taking reservations for C8 Stingray coupes and convertibles at MSRP. This does not include any special editions.

At the bottom of this email you will find a link for the C8 Corvette Stingray pre-order agreement. Please sign and return to us with a copy of your driver's license and your $1,000 deposit. You won't be added to our list until we have both of these items.

If you wish to send your deposit via a wire transfer rather than a send us a check, you will also find our wire transfer instructions linked below.

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you again for your interest in the C8 Corvette Stingray.

Sincerely,

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Hello XXXXXX!

Thank you for you interest in getting on our C8 Stingray reservation list.

We are currently taking reservations for C8 Stingray coupes and convertibles at MSRP. This does not include any special editions.

At the bottom of this email you will find a link for the C8 Corvette Stingray pre-order agreement. Please sign and return to us with a copy of your driver's license and your $1,000 deposit. You won't be added to our list until we have both of these items.

If you wish to send your deposit via a wire transfer rather than a send us a check, you will also find our wire transfer instructions linked below.

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you again for your interest in the C8 Corvette Stingray.

Sincerely,
And, we'll see you in 2025!!

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I wonder if it was already flooded out and someone was like ehhhhh "send it". Or, someone trying to social media scam GM for a new C8. A lot of dealerships/companies love a good story and give away free vehicles haha. (remember the kid who rolled the truck through a tornado, and a dealership gave the family a free truck?) Oh no, my too expensive payment C8 was written off, maybe someone at GM will see this video and think, "Like a rock! and gimme a new one"

Or just flat out insurance scam to get out of his way over the MRSP markup payments?

But, actually rather impressive to say the least. I'm surprised it didn't hydrolock, maybe due to the intakes being higher up in the rear?
This guy got super lucky, the C8 created a bow wave where the intakes were dry.

Anybody trying to get a C8 now? lol - Listen.....I've been down this road (Z was my Plan B)

You want MSRP?: Get in line at one of the national dealers, see you in 3-5 years. Last I checked they were sold out until 2024.

You don't wanna wait 3-5 years?: Double MSRP is the going rate for a C8 on the streets, they are literally taking the sticker price for each car and doubling it.....I fear this will create a permanent "high value" for these cars.

And don't even get me started on trying to get a C8 Z-06.