What does everyone do for a living?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Thanks for the laughs everyone. I had originally wanted to pursue something the medical field to make my parents happy, but during one of my visits to the hospital for volunteering / collecting hrs a guy had came in with parts of his fingers missing and I almost throw up and passed out. So the search went on for something new. I thought accounting because I like numbers. After a semester in I had chemo six times and it messed up how my brain worked. I almost became dyscalculia. I couldn't focus and concentrate anymore. As a kid I always had a passion for baking and cooking. So I went to culinary school and picked up a degree in hospitality management while I was there.
Sounds like you have done outstanding well just to have a career …good on you for not just going on welfare and giving up.

Like I said, I would be more than happy if one of my sons became a Chef so I didn’t have to cook anymore. Sadly I don’t think it’s in the works

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
My new favorite TV shows are "Master Chef" and "Top Chef".
Chefs are artists.
I use to watch those shows all the time when I was younger.

Yes, but I just wish we got paid more lol. :p

Sounds like you have done outstanding well just to have a career …good on you for not just going on welfare and giving up.

Like I said, I would be more than happy if one of my sons became a Chef so I didn’t have to cook anymore. Sadly I don’t think it’s in the works
You're too kind. I could never go on Welfare. I have a family member that has 5 kids and gets government help and that isn't the kind of lifestyle I would want to have.

Lol, you're funny. Once they start living on their own they might have to start learning. My little brother just moved out on his own to California last year and he picked up cooking pretty quickly.

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
My son is studying this at Uni…please tell me it’s not a dying career with all the new tech
I'm a mechanical, and started as a field engineer at my current company just out of college to start getting some money. My job is definitely geared towards civils, but realistically many companies will take any type of engineer they can get. Now I'm basically a glorified accountant since they moved me to management. It's a great field!

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
Retired, been an Architect for 40 years.
[/QUO
Retired, been an Architect for 40 years.
Cool to have an Architect on the forum! As a design-phreak, I love looking at all that stuff, especially Modernist, except for certain examples that are too cold and austere.

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
Some past careers, spanning 20 years:

AutoCad tech for a few civil engineering companies.
Computer graphics artist for a couple of Graphics companies.

Since then, and currently (for many years):

Full time Private Trader of Securities in the U.S. Stonk Market

Why?

1) Enjoy the challenge of the market.
2) Like working for myself.
3) Personal freedom first, money second.
4) Live below my means, because I'm a cheap bastid.