What does everyone do for a living?

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Camry, Q60 RWD
I work in IT lol I think everyone can relate to this, but I have very specific job but that also means you're doing like 4 other jobs

GOTTHEFUZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Kia K5, 2021Kia forte GT, 2012 Mustang 5.0
Occupation
CNC machinist in the military Aerospace industry
thank you for your service.

first real job i had was to become a machinist as soon as i got out of high school. went on to tool & die, then cnc and finally mold maker.
was the foreman or shop supervisor at 3 of the 4 shops i worked at. i was in the industry for over 21 years.

one of the companies i worked for was a military sub-contractor. got to make all kinds of cool parts for planes, submarines or r&d stuff.
great career to be in. people do not realize how intricate and precise things have to be. it would blow minds...
You don't have to thank me, I'm not in the service, I just make things for the men/woman in service.

The company I work for is a Sub-contractor also, and you're 100% correct the parts get pretty intricate and the tolerances get tighter and tighter with each year, and each revision it seems.

Most people can't really grasp what I mean when I say +/-.0005 unless I compare it to the .0007" human hair. Machinist's these days in the aerospace industry are splitting hairs on parts that are nothing but cosmetic.

A good industry, but definitely a industry that's eating itself alive with it's ancient pay scale, I tell every other young machinist to stay far away from the military and try to get into the medical, that's where the money is.

GOTTHEFUZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security. I want to hack into that digital cluster to configure and add my own 'gauges' and data logger ;)
If you could crack the thing and make software to make and change themes for the gauges that would be AWESOME.

GOTTHEFUZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Wow everyone has such cool jobs. I feel dumb lol, I'm just a chef :/
Shit on my free time, I'm trying my hardest to learn how to cook, I've been making homemade lemonade and mango cocktails but it's the food part that is not easy.

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
Thanks for the laughs everyone. I had originally wanted to pursue something the medical field to make my parents happy, but during one of my visits to the hospital for volunteering / collecting hrs a guy had came in with parts of his fingers missing and I almost throw up and passed out. So the search went on for something new. I thought accounting because I like numbers. After a semester in I had chemo six times and it messed up how my brain worked. I almost became dyscalculia. I couldn't focus and concentrate anymore. As a kid I always had a passion for baking and cooking. So I went to culinary school and picked up a degree in hospitality management while I was there.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Wow everyone has such cool jobs. I feel dumb lol, I'm just a chef :/
Nah; The rest of us are dumb instead. I bet if we took a poll of all the women, guys on the forum have dated, having the trait/quality of being able to cook, would rank as the one of the highest. I know my fiancée and ex's all loved the fact that I could cook (marginally), and they could care less about my job; all actually hated my job since they work you nonstop in retail finance.

DatChief

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Occupation
Active Duty
I just got out of the service a week and a half ago. I was a helicopter mechanic but now I'm looking at getting a new job in which I'm leaning towards becoming a diesel tech. Paperwork and sitting around for multiple hours are my personal hell (sorry to those of you that enjoy it)

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I did almost 30 years on the road doing field service on plastic injection molding machines. After my knees gave out, my company relocated me to Georgia and put me behind a desk. Now I answer phone calls and tell others how to fix their machinery. The calls are varied enough to keep it interesting and I still get to travel some.