Z33 Nissan 350Z

powerz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S4
I absolutely loved my 03. It chewed through front tires though. It got to the point where they were getting swapped every oil change. Did that issues ever get resolved on those early cars?

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
I had a 07. Got it brand new off the showroom floor. Did all the basic stuff to it right away. Nismo intakes and exhaust, tuned it, coil overs, sway bars, bunch of carbon stuff on the outside, stereo and that was about it. Kept that car for a good 5 years even though I had nothing but issues with it.

Transmission went out in the first 7.5k miles. 2 wheel bearings. Lost all oil psi when warm (they refused to replace engine). Triple gauge cluster died. Idle wouldnt drop below 1000rpm. The clutch slipped and chattered since day one. What was worse then all the issues was dealing with the dealership. Multiple trips for each issue because they could not find the issue or had to redo what they did.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I had a 07. Got it brand new off the showroom floor. Did all the basic stuff to it right away. Nismo intakes and exhaust, tuned it, coil overs, sway bars, bunch of carbon stuff on the outside, stereo and that was about it. Kept that car for a good 5 years even though I had nothing but issues with it.

Transmission went out in the first 7.5k miles. 2 wheel bearings. Lost all oil psi when warm (they refused to replace engine). Triple gauge cluster died. Idle wouldnt drop below 1000rpm. The clutch slipped and chattered since day one. What was worse then all the issues was dealing with the dealership. Multiple trips for each issue because they could not find the issue or had to redo what they did.
Had a 07 as well. Clutch chattered but no slipping. Only issue with the car during ownership was 1 wheel bearing.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1

That's surprising I thought the rev up (06 mt) was the only model that had these engine problems.

I had a 03 G35 with the DE and I loved that car and motor. My 2013 G37X has been problem free (knock on wood).

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
That's surprising I thought the rev up (06 mt) was the only model that had these engine problems.

I had a 03 G35 with the DE and I loved that car and motor. My 2013 G37X has been problem free (knock on wood).
Apparently the HRs did too... Maybe it was just me. I havent had good luck with any of the Nissans I have owned except my 2015 Juke Nismo RS which I only kept for like 20k miles. Oh wait, that one had a clutch that slipped too.

Had a 07 as well. Clutch chattered but no slipping. Only issue with the car during ownership was 1 wheel bearing.
Was it a rear wheel bearing? Mine was drivers side rear both times. Pretty sure the second time was install error from the tech. I mean he did silicone in the cotter pin for the axle nut, cause you know, thats how you keep them in....

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Was it a rear wheel bearing? Mine was drivers side rear both times. Pretty sure the second time was install error from the tech. I mean he did silicone in the cotter pin for the axle nut, cause you know, thats how you keep them in....
Yep, drivers side rear.

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
Yep, drivers side rear.

Same with a 2008.
Doing a tech inspect before a track event. Thought the inspector was playing a joke on me.
It had less than 10k miles on it at the time.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Does anyone else remember this video from Nissan when the 350z was released?

It would be cool if they did the same with the new Z.

Wow Ok. Thank you for posting this. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had never seen it. And it made me appreciate the 350Z in a way I haven't to this point. I never did get around to owning one. I had two Z32s and a Z34 and I skipped over the 350 and went straight for the new Zed. It is a worthy car and this video shows that up.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Wow Ok. Thank you for posting this. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had never seen it. And it made me appreciate the 350Z in a way I haven't to this point. I never did get around to owning one. I had two Z32s and a Z34 and I skipped over the 350 and went straight for the new Zed. It is a worthy car and this video shows that up.
Sadly not in my price range

dkmura

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'03 350Z track, '06 350Z SCCA touring racecar
Occupation
Freelance automotive journalist
I absolutely loved my 03. It chewed through front tires though. It got to the point where they were getting swapped every oil change. Did that issues ever get resolved on those early cars?
I have a preorder track model 350Z that I've owned for almost 19 years. Precise suspension settings with Koni shocks, Eibach Prokit springs and Nismo S-tune bars make front tire wear a non-issue. This Z wears out two sets of rear tires for every set of fronts in normal street driving, but I haven't changed out a set of BFGoodrich G-Force A/S tires in years.

Dcsr23

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I own a few...
I still have my 05 de enthusiast. 270k original miles. The car only has an intake and exhaust, with carbon fiber Nismo kit, but I’m refreshing a greddy 18g twin turbo kit and working on a built motor. I’ll also be refreshing the paint and body work with authentic Nismo pieces. But she’s pretty clean for her old age.
0E6271AE-D3FC-47A2-8C6B-8A08465BF1AE.jpeg
056B0846-6B7E-4E9A-B94B-55DF9A707F60.jpeg

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I still have my 05 de enthusiast. 270k original miles. The car only has an intake and exhaust, with carbon fiber Nismo kit, but I’m refreshing a greddy 18g twin turbo kit and working on a built motor. I’ll also be refreshing the paint and body work with authentic Nismo pieces. But she’s pretty clean for her old age.
0E6271AE-D3FC-47A2-8C6B-8A08465BF1AE.jpeg
056B0846-6B7E-4E9A-B94B-55DF9A707F60.jpeg
Nice. I like it with the ce28n's.