First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
there are more options out and even more on the way. some other vehicles are on the horizon...

what other cars are you cross shopping or considering alongside the z?

who is locked in on the z and who are seriously considering other alternatives?

Brickyard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 QX50 '13 Escalade Platinum '03 350 Z Touring
Supra NASCAR Edition with Favorite ( Insert Joe Gibbs Driver's Color Scheme here ) Driver's Signature Stickers ala~ 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo Marketing Tactics.

The Right One already Modified, but Pampered, INFINITI Q60 400 Red Sport with Killer Body Kit, Ultra Expensive Wheels, and other Tasteful Mods with low miles and being sold for under what a Stock Q60 would sell for

Camaros and Mustangs are like just way too played out and more mid - life crises mobiles these days than a Corvette is

Those Hemi Challengers ~ Cuda things are too heavy and well . . a Chrysler Product

So . . . Looks like some due diligence is required to give a proper short list at this time . . .

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
1. The new Z
2. An MKV supra with a manual (they'd better hurry)
3. C6 Z06 corvette (going this old kind of seems like a chore without the modern amenities)
4. A new STI (if they're cool enough)

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
1.)Z
2.)GR86
3.)BRZ
4.)Mustang GT?
5.)Other car surprises in the horizon

Like I stated many times, Z is still front and center on my list but making sure I have backup plans. GR86 and the BRZ are nice fun little cars I wouldn't mind falling back on. I put the Mustang there because I've always wanted one but don't think I'll get it. Even I'm getting tired of them because they seem to be played out right now lol. So who knows what I'll end up with.
I'm probably going to get a Camry as my daily to replace my current after I scoop up the Z or whatever.

puckshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 WRX
Z
F80 M3
F87 M2
Supra (if they surprise us with a manual)
Emira (if some stock/crypto plays pan out lol)

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I'm drawing a blank... what other cars are:

Brand New
$60k or under
Coupe
Non-domestic
Non-BMW
M/T
Similar power #'s as the Z

What am I forgetting? We're getting the new BRZ at some point next year, but that and the 86 get excluded anyway since they aren't similar power. As far as non-coupes, I'll wait and see what's up with the GR Corolla and may pick one up as a daily, but not in place of the Z. The new Golf R is nice, but pricey and something about it is a bit boring to me, and we also currently own a VW. Audi hasn't offered a M/T for at least half a decade and MBZ practically never did. A less over-the-top/more powerful CTR is intriguing. Subaru has lost me since 2007 and Mitsubishi gave up what now feels like forever ago.

Last edited:

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
New Z

Short enough list for ya? If i can't get one at MSRP (or lower) in the next couple years, I'll look at previous generations of the Z, but I really want the new Z34.5.

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Nursing Home Administrator
The new Z is what I'm aiming for, but if something happens to where I can't get one (limited quantities or ridiculous mark ups) then I'll be getting a Z32 TT. Was looking at trading my MKV Supra and forgetting the Z to get a Porsche GT4, but the price point and only having 1 fun car to drive at that point instead of a few to choose between cancelled that option quick.

Gobby

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
I would buy a supra immediately if I could get one not price gouged like crazy, maybe I'm being hopeful but I expect supra prices to drop not only with time but also with the Z release, at which point I will take whichever car comes at a more respectable price.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Z
Supra if it ever gets a manual
C7Z06
Evo V/VI
GT-R

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
im so stuck on 80s & 90s japanese cars that my list would look like the f&f and initial d fanboi lineup...