First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
So how many months for this car to normalize ?
As long as the chip shortage lasts and get past all the Supra owners dumping their cars for this. My guess; 6months. Used market is going to be insane as well; worse then what it was for the Supra

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
As long as the chip shortage lasts and get past all the Supra owners dumping their cars for this. My guess; 6months. Used market is going to be insane as well; worse then what it was for the Supra
I think some Zupra owners will regret and want the manual Z. I was kicked from a facebook group for calling the zupra a poor mans Z4, they are very touchy about it

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet

splatrd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy Silverado, Chevy Camaro SS, Mustang Ecoboost
Mustang Mach 1 is prime example of ridiculous mark up. I have seen them advertised from right at MSRP to as much as $15K over MSRP. This is not really an all new car. It is a GT with a few parts from the now extinct GT350 and an appearance package, for nearly $60K MSRP. So it is going to be a widespread on what dealers feel they can get away with.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
The only dealership in Houston willing to start a list before the 17th put a hard 4k markup on it, I imagine it'll only get worse.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The only dealership in Houston willing to start a list before the 17th put a hard 4k markup on it, I imagine it'll only get worse.
As mentioned in Aus Nissan set the prices and dealers are not permitted to go above it. The only difference is what they will offer for trade ins.
I Kinda think this is also why Aus dealers have been open to taking deposits and getting order forms in the system. They know once it opens they are all on a level playing field and they can’t outbid each other, so they want to lock in their buyers as soon as they can, and with substantial deposits they know they are not tire kickers and will be following through

I feel sorry for you guys…I think it’s pretty bad that they can do this to you actually

Last edited:

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
When Carmax sold new cars, it was heaven sent. They had a no mark-up policy and you could order through them (or reserve an allocated unit). I bought an Xterra for an untouchably low price back in 2018.

I got my Supra in part because I got such a good deal. Some dealerships had markups and some you could get MSRP from, but deals were hard to find.

I happened to check Carmax and they were WAY below sticker on Supras. Then the rebates kicked in and I was able to use their price to get mine (new) for $48.9k. That made it an attractive buy for me.

If only they were going to be selling the new Z. It would potentially make it much easier to negotiate. I’ll order as soon as possible, but not above sticker.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Once pricing is announced there should be a "good dealer" thread where we list dealers who are not marking up and a "bad dealer" thread where dealers are listed who are makring up, so everyone can avoid these crooks.
Man I spent too much time on those threads over at Civ X when I was contemplating getting a CTR as a daily. They should have had a separate thread titled, "Scum of the Earth Dealers" for the ones charging $10-15k ADM on non-LE's. I'm glad it ended up not working out. Even $2k ADM was too much for me to pay out of principle alone. I'm just not doing it. If literally everyone refused to pay ADM the cars would sit there until they start asking for MSRP or lower, but realistically there are always customers that will give in before dealers do.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Nissan should do what chevy did with the C8.

after the dealers went crazy with markups, chevy said sell at MSRP or you will not be allocated any more vettes....ever.

markups went away overnight lol
Trust me when I tell you, that didn't stop them.

They "sell" it at MSRP and then magically they offer it "used" with <1k miles and still flip it.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Trust me when I tell you, that didn't stop them.

They "sell" it at MSRP and then magically they offer it "used" with <1k miles and still flip it.
i didnt say anything about the used aspect. dont ruin that for me lol

i may or may not have 2 C8's on the way.