Will Dealers Markup The Z?

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Trust me when I tell you, that didn't stop them.

They "sell" it at MSRP and then magically they offer it "used" with <1k miles and still flip it.
I believe it, but this has to be one of the most low life practices in existence.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
My dealer is going to be requesting a $500 deposit following Tuesday’s announcement. I’ll be requesting a signed purchase agreement at that time. If they get sketchy then I’ll take my business elsewhere.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
My dealer is going to be requesting a $500 deposit following Tuesday’s announcement. I’ll be requesting a signed purchase agreement at that time. If they get sketchy then I’ll take my business elsewhere.
i was going to get on a few lists, but i think i'll wait. let someone else take the hit when they drive it off the lot and i'll buy it barely used lol

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
hey if theres that sort of demand why not make money off people willing to part with it lol
I've been opportunistic from time to time and made a little money off it. Some people try to buy up every new GPU, console, etc. and resell them at a massive premium which to me goes from opportunistic to greedy pretty quickly. Regardless of what I think, there are always people with more money than sense willing to pay it.

I was really talking about dealerships doing it. For them to "sell" a car at MSRP, drive it 500 miles, and then offer it as a used car for really any amount over, let alone a substantial amount over MSRP, is a laughably low practice.

If you have the means as an individual to buy two C8's and flip them for profit then more power to you.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
i was going to get on a few lists, but i think i'll wait. let someone else take the hit when they drive it off the lot and i'll buy it barely used lol
The way the market is, it's going to be C8 Jr.

Folks are flipping KIA TELLURIDES ffs

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Through Cathy at Crown @SS727Z ? Lemme know if so and I'll give her a call tomorrow. Also going to text the sales rep at the dealer down here too.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
A
already on one with a signed contact although my down payment was $4000
To me it doesn’t matter because I still have to pay the full amount, just means giving a little more a little earlier.
And yes I understand some will think I’m crazy….however most Australian dealerships are doing the same and a great deal have already sold their supposed allocations

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
A
already on one with a signed contact although my down payment was $4000
To me it doesn’t matter because I still have to pay the full amount, just means giving a little more a little earlier.
And yes I understand some will think I’m crazy….however most Australian dealerships are doing the same and a great deal have already sold their supposed allocations
Yea I’d be willing to put down much more as a deposit for them to agree to MSRP

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
The way the market is, it's going to be C8 Jr.

Folks are flipping KIA TELLURIDES ffs
This is the way I see it unfort, just watch between 8/17 and 11/15 orders, see what dealers are willing to do. I'm talking here in the US not Aus. Will visit my dealer today and get a feel of what they're after since they know me well. Suppose I can 'reserve' a Sport or Nismo then with $ down to secure a spot, but only on color options I want.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
This is the way I see it unfort, just watch between 8/17 and 11/15 orders, see what dealers are willing to do. I'm talking here in the US not Aus. Will visit my dealer today and get a feel of what they're after since they know me well. Suppose I can 'reserve' a Sport or Nismo then with $ down to secure a spot, but only on color options I want.
Agree…you guys are in a different situation….make friends with as many dealers as you can and play the off against each other. They will only sell above sticker price if people are willing to pay the extra

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
be sure not to tell them at first if you are paying for it all in cash...they for sure will tack on more $ knowing they won't be getting any financing interest.

get your very best price and when your in the last office with the finance guy, say... "you know what? i'm just gonna go ahead and pay for it in cash now that i think about it. "

then brake him off by telling him "btw i'll go ahead and trade in the car i drove here in...the other dealership said they would give me x amount. you can beat that, right?"

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I think they will if it’s in high demand.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
be sure not to tell them at first if you are paying for it all in cash...they for sure will tack on more $ knowing they won't be getting any financing interest.

get your very best price and when your in the last office with the finance guy, say... "you know what? i'm just gonna go ahead and pay for it in cash now that i think about it. "
Agree 100%

then brake him off by telling him "btw i'll go ahead and trade in the car i drove here in...the other dealership said they would give me x amount. you can beat that, right?"
You won't have them by the cajones on this one. They're not going to let you land 2 punches on them.