Which Z trim model are you getting? 2.0 ver (after reveal)

which z trim will you be purchasing?

• Total voters

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I'm still shooting for Nismo just because I've had Touring/Sport aka Performance on the previous Z's, and I just wanna go all out this time around. I can wait till Nov 2022 to order, but no later. When I had my 370z, I wanted the seats, bodykit, wheels etc from the Nismo, which would've cost me $10k+ so, might as well get Nismo.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I'm still shooting for Nismo just because I've had Touring/Sport aka Performance on the previous Z's, and I just wanna go all out this time around. I can wait till Nov 2022 to order, but no later. When I had my 370z, I wanted the seats, bodykit, wheels etc from the Nismo, which would've cost me $10k+ so, might as well get Nismo.
I'll get a Performance, unless I happen across a Proto Spec first.
since i picked up another car, looks like i'll be waiting on the nismo too. if it ends up being too pricy a performance or a used proto spec...

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Last edited:
OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
so it looks like over 70% are getting the performance package.

that is good news for nissan, hopefully they have the same problem as gm is having with the c8...a long line of people who want to buy one.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Yeah they gimped the Sport a lil too much and I know the Nismo will be way out of my price range. So the Performance is a good choice in the middle. I'm just hoping it's under $45k....not counting dealer markups lol.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Guys, the more I think about it... I might settle with the sport. We’re probably looking at a $10k price difference (hopefully not).

BBK can be added fairly easily. I’ll have extra money for wheels and tires.

No LSD sucks but I’m not gonna be tracking my new baby honestly.

As for the creature comforts.. I’ve been driving a truck with roll up windows in anticipation for this car, and I don’t miss anything.

It still depends on pricing of both, but I may be leaning sport suddenly.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Yeah they gimped the Sport a lil too much and I know the Nismo will be way out of my price range. So the Performance is a good choice in the middle. I'm just hoping it's under $45k....not counting dealer markups lol.
Guys, the more I think about it... I might settle with the sport. We’re probably looking at a $10k price difference (hopefully not).

BBK can be added fairly easily. I’ll have extra money for wheels and tires.

No LSD sucks but I’m not gonna be tracking my new baby honestly.

As for the creature comforts.. I’ve been driving a truck with roll up windows in anticipation for this car, and I don’t miss anything.

It still depends on pricing of both, but I may be leaning sport suddenly.
i posted this in another thread, but pertains to the disscusion...

when all the speculation started the base was gonna be $35k then add $5k to the higher trims or $10k for the highest.

after the reveal nissan said "around" $40k with some attending saying $38k starting...putting the higher trim at $43k if the $5k upgrade is still legit.

today i saw a vid where the nissan rep said "starting right at $40k".
this means the performance can be $5-10k more.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Both packages will undercut Supra 3.0, but Nismo might might be right there. As per Alfonso's interview w/Motoman(which seems like my basis for most of my theories) he talks about the different power levels (Assuming 400+ is possibility for Nismo, or sub-400 for an entry level to "match" the BRZ, but that one is doubtful). I think we are all clinging on to the around 40k mark, worst thing would be if they do $39,995 LOL

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Both packages will undercut Supra 3.0, but Nismo might might be right there. As per Alfonso's interview w/Motoman(which seems like my basis for most of my theories) he talks about the different power levels (Assuming 400+ is possibility for Nismo, or sub-400 for an entry level to "match" the BRZ, but that one is doubtful). I think we are all clinging on to the around 40k mark, worst thing would be if they do $39,995 LOL
Problem for matching the 86/BRZ is that car trades on its chassis dynamics. Making a less powerful version of the Z won't make it competitive with the 86. It'll still be the same old Z34.
Also, detuning the VR30 doesn't make the Z less expensive.
The only option to detune a Z to 86 power levels would be to drop in one of the older VQs such as the 2.5, 3.0 or 3.5
Then it'd be heavy and underpowered.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Problem for matching the 86/BRZ is that car trades on its chassis dynamics. Making a less powerful version of the Z won't make it competitive with the 86. It'll still be the same old Z34.
Also, detuning the VR30 doesn't make the Z less expensive.
The only option to detune a Z to 86 power levels would be to drop in one of the older VQs such as the 2.5, 3.0 or 3.5
Then it'd be heavy and underpowered.
Yes, the new twins are a winning pair with great handling chops. But a few things have me leaning to the Z instead - the engine/intake sound in-cabin on the GR86/BRZ while modestly improved is still basically s#$t, and they didn't bring Toyota's MT rev-matching tech from the Corolla to the car (dumb move IMO). Plus my current car uses the same light-weight, low-powered formula as the twins (although it's FWD) - I'd like to experience something more powerful and substantial, even if I lose a bit of handling finesse as a tradeoff. I live in Toronto, not the hills of California or the Rockies, just straight roads everywhere, so the agility loss won't be as significant for me..

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Entry level is the Base. There's not gonna be something with less power or less cylinders.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
The only thing that 'might' sway me to the Sport is if let's say price difference is $10K and I'm dedicating the Z for track ONLY, meaning I can add my own BBK and either Quaife or OS Giken LSD and everything else being lighter, e.g. manual seats, no extra electronics - NAV, etc, and will be way under $10K for the mods.

But....that Performance is hard to beat and I doubt will be $10 over the Sport, more like $5-7K which means it's still the winner for daily driving and occasional track for all the features it comes with.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
would like to get a proto version