Which Z trim model are you getting? 2.0 ver (after reveal)

which z trim will you be purchasing?

• Total voters
OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
bumping this up to see if anyone changed their minds, had second thoughts or new members joining the discussion.

as for me, i originally joined this forum set on getting the z. then i couldn't wait and bought another car instead and was out of the running when i started this thread.

then my wife got interested in the z, now we plan on getting one as long as it's not over priced

what about you guys?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
bumping this up to see if anyone changed their minds, had second thoughts or new members joining the discussion.

as for me, i originally joined this forum set on getting the z. then i couldn't wait and bought another car instead and was out of the running when i started this thread.

then my wife got interested in the z, now we plan on getting one as long as it's not over priced

what about you guys?
Aussies only have the choice of a close to performance trim, or Proto….so don’t think we will be changing.

I did touch on the subject in another thread though,.. do we know how many Protos will be made worldwide….are they really going to be “limited”

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

what about you guys?
I'm hanging in there. Performance 6MT with blue interior and exterior.
And I am probably going to pay ADM.

I considered jumping ship, but here in WA state there's very little inventory of any kind of interesting car. If it's new, it has ADM. If it's used, it's selling for higher than new MSRP. There's no escaping it. I may as well stick to the original plan and do my best to acquire one, if possible.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
I’ve changed my thoughts. Gonna get the sport. I think it’s gonna be the best bang for my buck. I don’t need creature comforts. If I decide to track it, I’ll go aftermarket for brakes/lsd/etc...

can always trade it in too if I feel like I’m missing out. I just wanna get into one

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N

what about you guys?
Still just patiently waiting on any real info on a Nismo model ??

star-wars-yoda.gif

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
i dont know its tough for me cause my brain on pricing has been spoiled lol i would like a perf or nismo but im down in miami so im sure most dealers are adding adm but ive had a 15 mustang GTPP that i got brand new from cotus as soon as the orders opened from ford for 35 and change, so people saying the base model Z is going to be in the 40s kinda having me thinking about price points power and everything out there in the same range

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
I know this makes some folks howl, but I’d sure like an all-season tire option even in the performance trim level. In both my 370 and Supra, driving gets to be no fun during the cold months (undrivable when significantly below freezing). Good enough for a base C8.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I know this makes some folks howl, but I’d sure like an all-season tire option even in the performance trim level. In both my 370 and Supra, driving gets to be no fun during the cold months (undrivable when significantly below freezing). Good enough for a base C8.
I have Continental DWS06 on my Q60 so I can drive all year, even in snow and ice.

I will probably continue to use DWS06 on the Z because it rains a lot here, but I won't be taking a 400HP RWD car out in sub-freezing temps. Just doesn't seem like a good idea, and honestly don't want another uninsured idiot crashing into a car I like...

memelord

First Name
Toua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Occupation
Military
Nissan should of went this approach:

poverty spec: bare bone Z with Nismo VQ37 (350hp), get me in a Z, power and performance is not my priority, I’m here

enthusiast spec: bare bones plus all performance parts

GT spec: everything included.

this can help Nissan continue the low $30k price range all the way to the $40k range.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
anyone changed their mind or gonna settle for whatever they can get at launch?

Jdawg_89

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6, 335i
Occupation
Engineer
anyone changed their mind or gonna settle for whatever they can get at launch?
I'm still waiting on the Z and would pay ADM (to a limit), however I've been slowly losing my patience.. The lack of any info from Nissan is leading me to believe the car will miss the spring release, and/or remain in very limited supply until maybe autumn.

Then there's the actual performance of the car has me worried it won't even be competitive in it's segment. No observed/reported track testing, curb weight leaks, and even Nissan's own marketing pr seem to really diminish expectations.

Lastly, if the Z isn't readily obtainable without huge markups by years' end, I'm seriously looking at saving a bit more and jumping to the g87 M2, expected production in December.

I really hope I'm wrong about ALL of this, and am rooting for the Z like everyone here, but it's on Nissan to justify it's sale to me.

Edit: lol I went off on a tangent, but I'd of course get a manual performance !