Which Z trim model are you getting? 2.0 ver (after reveal)

which z trim will you be purchasing?

• Total voters

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
ok, here we go again folks...
as we found out after the reveal, there are not base, sport, touring, sport/touring.

so we are starting another poll with the following updated choices...
1. sport (base)
2. performance
3. baby gtr
4. limited ed. ( only 240)
5. im out...for now

please re-vote and discuss which one you chose and why.
also, add whether or not the new higher price differences changed your mind...is anyone not gonna buy the z because of price or lack of options play a part.

here was the old poll...

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/which-2022-nissan-z-trim-model-are-you-getting.257/

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
as for me, i originally was gonna get the base trim because 1. i need a fun new dd and 2. cheap.
after the reveal i found out that the timeline for the launch is sadly in the spring of next year and is too far away for me to wait any longer. sorry nissan...i was really hoping to get this sooner. i will however be looking at it again in the future.

by doing so i figure i can miss out on all the dealer mark-ups, lack of choices and any of the dreaded 1st model issues.
also, by waiting i'll be able to see what you guys and shops are doing in the aftermarket. i will still hang out to see what you guys are up to and how the z holds up. if things allow, i'll prob pick up a used one or maybe see when the nismo will is launched.

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
as for me, i originally was gonna get the base trim because 1. i need a fun new dd and 2. cheap.
after the reveal i found out that the timeline for the launch is sadly in the spring of next year and is too far away for me to wait any longer. sorry nissan...i was really hoping to get this sooner. i will however be looking at it again in the future.

by doing so i figure i can miss out on all the dealer mark-ups, lack of choices and any of the dreaded 1st model issues.
also, by waiting i'll be able to see what you guys and shops are doing in the aftermarket. i will still hang out to see what you guys ar up to and how the z holds up. if thing allow, i'll prob pick up a used one or maybe see when the nismo will is launched.
In Australia we will most likely only get one level…as it was with the 370 outside of the Nismo.
I’m hoping it’s the Performance. Most people buying one of these sports type cars want the bigger wheels, breaks and skirts. If we only get the Sports and they try selling it to us for 80k I’m out
I didn’t vote because I don’t know what’s on offer for us. But those are my thoughts

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I voted ST in the previous poll. The Performance seems to check all my boxes as well. Especially since I don't want to do much modding until the warranty is over.

I have a feeling the folks at Nissan will be monitoring this poll to determine the general interest in the three models here in North America so they know what to build and allocate.

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
10:1 ratio Performance:Sport this is how Nissan got it wrong not offering some of the performance goodies as Options for the Sport (brakes, LSD, launch control, nav, etc.) to make it an in-between model. Hey things can change between now and summer I'm hoping..

For now, Performance is it. Maybe with Proto options pkg.

Last edited:

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
I feel like we need a middle trim. With the big brakes, wheels, lsd, launch control... but small touch screen, no spoiler, cloth seats, etc

the sport sacrifices a little too much of everything in my opinion.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
10:1 ratio Performance:Sport this is how Nissan got it wrong not offering some of the performance goodies as Options for the Sport (brakes, LSD, launch control, nav, etc.) to make it an in-between model. Hey things can change between now and summer I'm hoping..

For now, Performance is it.
Was literally writing the same thing haha

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
i chose nismo, but if it's far out time wise, i will be going performance.

in my mind there's no reason to get the base/sport model. with performance you get the LSD, brakes, wheels/tires, etc. all of which that make the car amazing.

base brakes and smaller wheel/tires hurt the performance in my mind. just limits you on what can be done with the car.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Performance nearly met all of my criteria.

The only disappointments for me, at this time, are:

-I hate black wheels. It reminds me of flat-billers driving no-credit-Chryslers in the early 2000's getting their cars "murdered out". I really like the Rays brand, and it sucks I will be compelled to swap them out (they look like a very valuable wheel) probably for my staggered Enkeis that are on my Q60. Maybe I'll just learn to like them? I feel this was a terrible move by Nissan, everybody is getting on the bandwagon with dark wheels

-I could do without leather and power seats. I have all that in my Q60. My wife's new Toyota doesn't have that stuff and I don't miss it when I drive her car. However, the leather/suede interior does look excellent, so it's not a big deal for me.

I assume the "8 speaker Bose" upgrade system will be like my Q60, no actual separate subs but just huge woofers in the door. I do want the bigger screen, I'm getting older and gravitating towards bigger displays.

pakmanz35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Infiniti G37xS
Performance for me, but it's probably going to be mid to high $40K, so I will have to wait a few years for it to depreciate.. I would prefer the sport, but it's missing too many "Sport" items.

I agree with the poster above that there needs to be a middle trim between sport and performance.

Last edited:

Datsun280Z

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS, 1962 Triumph TR3A
Occupation
High School Teacher
Performance nearly met all of my criteria.

The only disappointments for me, at this time, are:

-I hate black wheels. It reminds me of flat-billers driving no-credit-Chryslers in the early 2000's getting their cars "murdered out". I really like the Rays brand, and it sucks I will be compelled to swap them out (they look like a very valuable wheel) probably for my staggered Enkeis that are on my Q60. Maybe I'll just learn to like them? I feel this was a terrible move by Nissan, everybody is getting on the bandwagon with dark wheels

-I could do without leather and power seats. I have all that in my Q60. My wife's new Toyota doesn't have that stuff and I don't miss it when I drive her car. However, the leather/suede interior does look excellent, so it's not a big deal for me.

I assume the "8 speaker Bose" upgrade system will be like my Q60, no actual separate subs but just huge woofers in the door. I do want the bigger screen, I'm getting older and gravitating towards bigger displays.
The spec sheet doesn't say that the bronze wheels are exclusive to the proto spec, so I'm pretty sure you can get them as an option on the performance trim. I hate black wheels with an undying passion too.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I'm still set for Nismo, but I echo the same reason FPenvy for going Performance if Nismo is far away. I've got till late summer of next year to fully decide so I can get it by November.

I'd prefer Performance over sport due to the upgrades you get for not that much more $$. More then likely, new consumers will use Sport the same way some 370z owners used it; blank slate to make it a dedicated track car; Stoptech BBK, track tires & suspension.

Obviously no right/wrong answer, just how much people value/are willing to spend. Performance is good medium balance.

jdrxb9

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ND2
I previously voted sport, but changed it to out for now. I could still end up in a Performance if it is priced low enough (say <$44k), but I really don't need 'glove compartment dampening'
rolleyes.png
and 2x power seats, Bose, WiFi, etc. in my performance car. At this point, I'm planning to watch and see - besides the price, weight will be a factor, as will dealer behavior. I could end up waiting to see if they bring a package with just the go-fast stuff, at which point there shouldn't be supply issues either.

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
Only way I'd ever trade up in a few years for a Nismo Z is if Nissan keeps the design clean. If they tack it up with red stripes, wings and gee-gaws, I will put that extra money into upgraded turbos, cooling etc.