Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
here's what the poll was gonna originally read:

base (what i picked) - y0 all us broke folk can afford a z yay! now only if the dealer will take my la sabre in for trade...
sport - (guys under 35) i care nothing about comfort...in fact im gonna drop it low and make the ride even harsher!
touring - (guys over 35) let those young punks have their unrefined rides, im in need of creature comforts.
sport/touring - (guys approaching 45) i wanna be young and sporty again...but dang this hernia is killing me!
baby gtr - (white haired folk) i worked hard all my life...i want the best and by golly im gonna blow it on myself this time!

please feel free to add to or modify the above statements :D
Voted Nismo, but the s/t description pretty much sums it up. Born in '84 though so not quite approaching 45, but living with a herniated disc for the past 7 years has me feeling pretty old sometimes.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I’ll be tracking it 80% of the time, so Nismo first, but can’t be sure what will come with the Nismo pkg, hopefully not just appearance stuff and minor hp bump. The fallback will be the lightest Sport and upgrade that. Decisions decisions!

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Edited it for you hahaha

base (students) - y0 all us broke folk can afford a z yay! now only if the dealer will take my la sabre in for trade...
sport - (single) i care nothing about comfort...in fact im gonna drop it low and make the ride even harsher!
touring - (married) let those young punks have their unrefined rides, im in need of creature comforts.
sport/touring - (divorced) i wanna be young and sporty again...but dang this hernia is killing me!
baby gtr - (retired) i worked hard all my life...i want the best and by golly im gonna blow it on myself this time!

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Sport for me. Dont need the T as its just my weekend car anyway. I would get the Nismo but the wait is killing me as it is, so i will just settle for the Sport.
is it a year after launch fot the nismo?

I’ll be tracking it 80% of the time, so Nismo first, but can’t be sure what will come with the Nismo pkg, hopefully not just appearance stuff and minor hp bump. The fallback will be the lightest Sport and upgrade that. Decisions decisions!
ill be curious to see what the weight difference will be between the s and s/t.
i know since you guys who track them want it as light as possible, it could be a couple hundred pounds....

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
I would love a Nismo but I feel like it's too good for me lol and I'll be honest too expensive. So I'm going to go with the sport God willing... might have to opt for the base depending on what they're thinking of pricing it, but I'm going to get this car one way or another.

kittens

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none atm
I voted base. I don't personally need the extra features with sport/touring and if the rumor of $5k for each package is true just too much for me. Only option I would probably get is an enhanced exhaust system (similar to what is offered on the corvettes)

Scrap204

First Name
Nicky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Infiniti Q50
Occupation
Ironworker
I daily a 2018 Q50 AWD. I'm FBO and tuned 450whp 500tq. I'm really praying that the Nismo comes out soon and is AWD. If so that's definitely the route I plan on going and fully building it. Once the Z comes out the VR30 aftermarket support is going to be crazy. I love this platform and I'm confident that the VR30 can go toe to toe with the B58.

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
is it a year after launch fot the nismo?
I think usually 1 - 2 years. Would be awesome if they could release it at the same time, i just cant wait any longer lol

Last edited:

Ozymandias

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
4G Kia Rio 6MT
I daily a 2018 Q50 AWD. I'm FBO and tuned 450whp 500tq. I'm really praying that the Nismo comes out soon and is AWD. If so that's definitely the route I plan on going and fully building it. Once the Z comes out the VR30 aftermarket support is going to be crazy. I love this platform and I'm confident that the VR30 can go toe to toe with the B58.
I hope you're right about the VR30, but it's open-deck vs. closed deck on the B58.

I would go Base, since I'm confident the aftermarket can do everything the extra $5k can get you, and more for less.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Nissan will move lots of Zs if they hit target bases for these levels (manual, before options like auto) I think:

1) Base - 35-36K
2) Sport - 38-39K
3) Sport Touring - 42-43K
4) Nismo - 48-50K could be higher depending on power bump and body kits

My predictions anyway. Under 40K is important to hit lots of demographics.