which z trim will you be purchasing?

• Total voters

jdrxb9

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ND2
here's what the poll was gonna originally read:

base (what i picked) - y0 all us broke folk can afford a z yay! now only if the dealer will take my la sabre in for trade...
sport - (guys under 35) i care nothing about comfort...in fact im gonna drop it low and make the ride even harsher!
touring - (guys over 35) let those young punks have their unrefined rides, im in need of creature comforts.
sport/touring - (guys approaching 45) i wanna be young and sporty again...but dang this hernia is killing me!
baby gtr - (white haired folk) i worked hard all my life...i want the best and by golly im gonna blow it on myself this time!

please feel free to add to or modify the above statements

edit : please tell me how close i hit home for you :D
Sport - If I get one, it will be autocrossed - this trim is the most likely to be most competitive in whatever class the Z ends up in.

BTW, I'm >45 but only a few grays showing, so the <35 is a bit of a miss in my case :)

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I won't be able to get one until 2022, so I may as well hold out to see the price, specs and options on the NISMO.
I'm in same boat as you. Def looking like Summer/Fall 2022 for me. Should be good enough time to see the car market normalize enough to get into slight pre-owned or nicely discounted 1st year models, as fall '22 will have the 2023's possibly entering production (Oct).

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
so are this point it looks like more people plan to get the nismo than any other trim...that's fascinating!

not sure how it works with nissan, but will they build just a limited number of them or will they keep making nismos until the demand subsides?

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
also, what was the msrp of the nismo? i'm seeing a huge difference depending on who you listen to

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
What happens, if a Aniston version is never released ???
what if all the trims end up being somehing else?
i should have added a launch edition to the poll

Longhorn2020

First Name
Jase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z
Occupation
Computer engineering
Base, but I'm not sure yet. I'd love for the Nismo to be awd I'd be all over that and I'm sure it be a better performer instead of what they did for the 350Z and 370Z.
Heard rumors the Nismo version would be awd. Hoping it's true. A 450 or so hp awd Z would be good to take the spot of the original GT-R. Hopefully thry talk about thr Nismo version at the unveil next week.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Heard rumors the Nismo version would be awd. Hoping it's true. A 450 or so hp awd Z would be good to take the spot of the original GT-R. Hopefully thry talk about thr Nismo version at the unveil next week.
Still doubt any Z version will be AWD, the VR30 can be tuned to much higher hp which I think the Nismo could be a variant. Plus the goal of the new Z to be as weight conscious as possible.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
who or what publication rumored the 'baby gtr'? this is why folks think the nismo will be awd

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
who or what publication rumored the 'baby gtr'? this is why folks think the nismo will be awd
https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...ckages-power-hp-weight-transmission-more.147/

I know, I know - another person with speculative info on an upcoming car, I'll just say I have a lot of family in TN....

The Z35 will still be a "Fairlady Z" in Japan, all other markets the Z35 will be called "Nissan Z"

MSRP: $34,995 (this is for the base with 0 options)
There will be 2 packages
- Base: 0 options.
- Type S: Brembos, thicker sways, coolers, other stuff.
- Type T: Leather, Power Seats, Heated and Cooled, Auto cruise, blind spot, etc
- Type ST: Both S and T Packages
- Each package will be roughly 5k each, ST will set you back 10k

Base gets Akebonos, Sport or Nismo get the Brembos - No more floating calipers.

All cars get...
- The 400hp Flavor of VR30DDTT
- The Digital Dash
- Android Auto / Car Play
- Rear Duckbill

Dry Weight = 3,252lbs

The Auto we're seeing on the Gunmetal and Silver cars is the Mercedes-Benz 9G-Tronic, no more 7 speed.
- Yes, it's still a torque converter Auto
- No, it's not as nice as the ZF8 (based on what I can find online, I've never driven anything with this transmission personally)
- It's better than the Jatco 7spd we all know now
- This transmission is already in the Titan and it will soon be in every Nissan / Infiniti RWD vehicle (including the Qs)

Yes, this car really is a 370Z with a Body Kit and a VR30 Swap and the chassis was massaged.......heavily (more aluminum, more bracing, carbon fiber)
- "370Z Sport" is the new "Base" (thicker sways, wider forged wheels, etc)
- "370Z Nismo" is the new "Sport" (even wider wheels, thicker sways, bracing)
- There is a Nismo version coming....it won't just be a body kit, exhaust, tune and some badges this time

The 6 spd manual is a carryover from the 370Z

There are 3 USDM Production cars in the US for a Dealer's Meeting and for journalist afterwards to review.

White 2 Tone: Stick, Sport, no pics have leaked (yet)
Silver 2 Tone: Auto, Touring
Gunmetal: Auto, Base

There is not a roadster in the cards right now, sorry folks.
Nissan is gunning for the Supra and the Mustang but it's main target is the Supra - make no mistake.
I don't have Nismo Info other than "Brembos" and "Baby GT-R"

Colors:
All 2020 370Z colors will carry over for the first year with additions of Yellow and that new Orange they are so proud of. They are going all in with the 240Z nostalgia on this one so don't be shocked if we see some "Heritage" colors down the line.

UPDATE: Colors for MY '22

Pearl White
Brilliant Silver
Gunmetal Grey
Magnetic Black
Passion Red
Deep Blue
Heritage Yellow
Sunset Drift

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
what if all the trims end up being somehing else?
i should have added a launch edition to the poll
Difference is….trims will be announced at launch so we can choose which one suits us better at that point.
But what if you wait for a Nismo, and it never comes :(