Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I know, I know - another person with speculative info on an upcoming car, I'll just say I have a lot of family in TN....

The Z35 will still be a "Fairlady Z" in Japan, all other markets the Z35 will be called "Nissan Z"

MSRP: $34,995 (this is for the base with 0 options)
There will be 2 packages
- Base: 0 options.
- Type S: Brembos, thicker sways, coolers, other stuff.
- Type T: Leather, Power Seats, Heated and Cooled, Auto cruise, blind spot, etc
- Type ST: Both S and T Packages
- Each package will be roughly 5k each, ST will set you back 10k

Base gets Akebonos, Sport or Nismo get the Brembos - No more floating calipers.

All cars get...
- The 400hp Flavor of VR30DDTT
- The Digital Dash
- Android Auto / Car Play
- Rear Duckbill

Dry Weight = 3,252lbs

The Auto we're seeing on the Gunmetal and Silver cars is the Mercedes-Benz 9G-Tronic, no more 7 speed.
- Yes, it's still a torque converter Auto
- No, it's not as nice as the ZF8 (based on what I can find online, I've never driven anything with this transmission personally)
- It's better than the Jatco 7spd we all know now
- This transmission is already in the Titan and it will soon be in every Nissan / Infiniti RWD vehicle (including the Qs)

Yes, this car really is a 370Z with a Body Kit and a VR30 Swap and the chassis was massaged.......heavily (more aluminum, more bracing, carbon fiber)
- "370Z Sport" is the new "Base" (thicker sways, wider forged wheels, etc)
- "370Z Nismo" is the new "Sport" (even wider wheels, thicker sways, bracing)
- There is a Nismo version coming....it won't just be a body kit, exhaust, tune and some badges this time

The 6 spd manual is a carryover from the 370Z

There are 3 USDM Production cars in the US for a Dealer's Meeting and for journalist afterwards to review.

White 2 Tone: Stick, Sport, no pics have leaked (yet)
Silver 2 Tone: Auto, Touring
Gunmetal: Auto, Base

There is not a roadster in the cards right now, sorry folks.
Nissan is gunning for the Supra and the Mustang but it's main target is the Supra - make no mistake.
I don't have Nismo Info other than "Brembos" and "Baby GT-R"

Colors:
All 2020 370Z colors will carry over for the first year with additions of Yellow and that new Orange they are so proud of. They are going all in with the 240Z nostalgia on this one so don't be shocked if we see some "Heritage" colors down the line.

UPDATE: Colors for MY '22

Pearl White
Brilliant Silver
Gunmetal Grey
Magnetic Black
Passion Red
Deep Blue
Heritage Yellow
Sunset Drift

Last edited:

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
Nice info. Any idea if the new steering wheel telescopes, as that's why I could never get comfortable in the 350/370 because they didn't.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
All of this sounds realistic. I understand the Nismo is going to be all-wheel drive. Essentially a baby GT-R. When the GT-R was released, it had 480hp (now it's 565), and the Nismo will be close to that. I understand it was going to be automatic-only, but Nissan got hounded to offer the Nismo with a manual. We'll see.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice info. Any idea if the new steering wheel telescopes, as that's why I could never get comfortable in the 350/370 because they didn't.
I hope it does as well, but it's not a deal breaker if it doesn't. The instrument cluster is fixed now (doesn't move along with the tilt of the wheel like it does on the 370Z), so it might make it easier to add a telescoping function????

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
Thanks for sharing @Houston.Z35. Any idea of when production will start or when it will go on sale?
I was told Spring '22 but now I'm hearing late '21

The US cars were a shock for me like everyone else. Nissan Japan and Nissan NA are not always on the same page.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
I hope it does as well, but it's not a deal breaker if it doesn't. The instrument cluster is fixed now (doesn't move along with the tilt of the wheel like it does on the 370Z), so it might make it easier to add a telescoping function????
Yeah I'm hoping since the gauge cluster and steering wheel are new that they will be adding this.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
Any guess on the weight with fluids?

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
All of this sounds realistic. I understand the Nismo is going to be all-wheel drive. Essentially a baby GT-R. When the GT-R was released, it had 480hp (now it's 565), and the Nismo will be close to that. I understand it was going to be automatic-only, but Nissan got hounded to offer the Nismo with a manual. We'll see.
No.

It'll still be RWD.

I've heard mass produced VR38 with DCT but that doesn't makes sense to me because anybody that's tried VR38 in Z34 there's not enough room to do it comfortably. We're talking worse than Z32 clearances here.

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
Any guess on the weight with fluids?
No clue but they tried to negate the weight gains as much as possible with aluminum and carbon.

I think the aim was to not gain weight over the Z34 and sure as hell not the Z33.

I think weight wise it'll be on par with the 350Z and 370Z.

Z33, Z34, Z35 = S13, S14, S15.....think of it like that

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
Oh yeah, colors.

All 2020 370Z colors will carry over for the first year with additions of Yellow and that new Orange they are so proud of.

They are going all in with the 240Z nostalgia on this one so don't be shocked if we see some "Heritage" colors down the line.

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
Any idea of when the official unveiling is going to take place?

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No.

It'll still be RWD.

I've heard mass produced VR38 with DCT but that doesn't makes sense to me because anybody that's tried VR38 in Z34 there's not enough room to do it comfortably. We're talking worse than Z32 clearances here.
The current VR38 is hand-built. Hard to imagine they would go through the trouble of building an assembly line just for an engine on one single model. It would drive up the cost of the Nismo too much as well.