What will stop you from owning the new Z?

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
I'll admit I'm just getting bored. Months ago I was so excited seeing new Z images / details and I was all in trading my STI for one, especially considering how much places like Carvana are offering me. Now it feels like an eternity later and we still have no info so im thinking about keeping the STI and just modding it further. I like to modify my cars and I've been so damn bored lol. Nissan needs to give us something soon or ill probably forget about the Z for awhile.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
I'll admit I'm just getting bored. Months ago I was so excited seeing new Z images / details and I was all in trading my STI for one, especially considering how much places like Carvana are offering me. Now it feels like an eternity later and we still have no info so im thinking about keeping the STI and just modding it further. I like to modify my cars and I've been so damn bored lol. Nissan needs to give us something soon or ill probably forget about the Z for awhile.

Given recent developments, I wouldn't trade the STI for the Z.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Given recent developments, I wouldn't trade the STI for the Z.
Yeah, came here to say just this. I'd probably drive that thing into the ground at this point and maybe consider getting a pre-owned Z down the road if you wanna try and have a best-of-both-worlds situation (assuming it's possible).

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, came here to say just this. I'd probably drive that thing into the ground at this point and maybe consider getting a pre-owned Z down the road if you wanna try and have a best-of-both-worlds situation (assuming it's possible).
Yeah honestly ive been thinking about that. I work remotely so my STI has very few miles on it, less than 2600 currently. Some people may roast me for that lol but I have another beater to drive when its nasty in the winter.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Yeah honestly ive been thinking about that. I work remotely so my STI has very few miles on it, less than 2600 currently. Some people may roast me for that lol but I have another beater to drive when its nasty in the winter.
Dang, so that thing is probably worth even more because of that. And I get it—I WFH too, so the handful of times I do drive during the week is to like, go wander the grocery store and pick up lunch just to get out of the house lol. The misses and I currently share car (she works a hybrid role), so she's usually the one putting miles on it. The Z will be all mine, so I'll probably be in a pretty similar situation as you. It'll be a blow-off-steam-during-the-week-mobile.

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
Ill give you my example.
I want a Z, have done since I heard it was coming a year and a half ago…was one of the first to slap down money here in Aus.
I’ve looked at other cars, but nothing has the same tug on my heart strings as the Z.

If delivery drags out I will need another car, because at the moment I’m driving my sons (who is getting his licence in July).
Ill probably get a Mazda MX-5 ( Miata to you guys) because it’s more affordable and fun.
BUT in the back of my mind I’m thinking…if it’s not REALLY what I want maybe I should get an EV, especially with petrol prices and things heading that way anyway.
Do I want an EV? Nope not particularly, not even very interested in them at all…but if I can’t have the Z I might be disappointed in getting a MX-5, I need a car, soooo maybe it’s just better to go sensible

Everyone has different circumstances, doesn’t mean we never REALLY wanted the Z …I agree with you
Dont get an EV yet unless you purely want it to get you from A to B. They are not a good car for enthusiasts. I have Tesla 3 for my company car, and besides winning the odd traffic light grand prix in silence, they are devoid of any soul and none of the things which made me fall in love with cars originally. Its a good thing they have auto drive because it will put you too sleep

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dang, so that thing is probably worth even more because of that. And I get it—I WFH too, so the handful of times I do drive during the week is to like, go wander the grocery store and pick up lunch just to get out of the house lol. The misses and I currently share car (she works a hybrid role), so she's usually the one putting miles on it. The Z will be all mine, so I'll probably be in a pretty similar situation as you. It'll be a blow-off-steam-during-the-week-mobile.
Yep 100%. I make up reasons to drive around on my lunch break ?

DanPYo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 VW GTI 2d
Occupation
Database Programmer
Dont get an EV yet unless you purely want it to get you from A to B. They are not a good car for enthusiasts. I have Tesla 3 for my company car, and besides winning the odd traffic light grand prix in silence, they are devoid of any soul and none of the things which made me fall in love with cars originally. Its a good thing they have auto drive because it will put you too sleep
Couldn't agree more. My fiancee had a Model 3 and upgraded to a Model Y. The acceleration is fun but novelty of it goes away fast. You don't get that feeling of being connected with the road. Almost like you're ice skating. Getting back in my manual '12 GTI just feels... right.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
For all auto enthusiasts that apprec feeling the dynamics and sounds of 'driving' this is why EVs are soulless, good for commuting only, drive, park, charge, that's it.

We have an EV run group at local tracks, so eerie when they're out on track, all you hear is tires squealing and the whoosh of them passing by. Yeah they're quick but I don't hear the music of exhausts, engines, very boring.

I had an R1T order but canceled it since for my main uses, off-roading, overlanding, towing (the GT for now) to tracks, instead just picked up a Gladiator Rubicon, so much fun playing with the susp, lockers, swaybar disconnect, and future use of the bed, RTT, etc.... Plus charging an EV off-grid really worries me!

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Its a good thing they have auto drive because it will put you too sleep
You're meant to stay awake and ready to take back control in Tesla's silly "Autopilot" ... it's basically useless and untrustworthy, and is NOT even remotely proper "self-driving", nor is it meant to be or advertised as such. Since so many fools think it is "self-driving" (including stupidly sitting in the passenger seat!) the cars should have big orange lights on the roof that flash whenever the car is put into the ridiculous mode. That way other drivers know to avoid that car!

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Greedy dealership shenanigans or the C8 magically becomes obtainable thanks to the Z06.

9 times outta 10, I'll ride the new Z till the C8 Z06 becomes obtainable (thanks to the C8 ZR1/Zora)

Brickyard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 QX50 '13 Escalade Platinum '03 350 Z Touring
Not gonna buy a new one . . .
Gonna wait and get a used " garage queen " after a few years and all the hoopla settles down . . .
With that said . . .
I'll be about 3 or 4 years older than I am today . . .
So . . Will I be too old of a fart to be tooling around in 2 seat sports car ?
I'll be like over 60 years old when that time comes . . .
So besides self doubt, can't think of any other reasons that will stop me from owning one when the time comes

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Not gonna buy a new one . . .
Gonna wait and get a used " garage queen " after a few years and all the hoopla settles down . . .
With that said . . .
I'll be about 3 or 4 years older than I am today . . .
So . . Will I be too old of a fart to be tooling around in 2 seat sports car ?
So besides self doubt, can't think of any other reasons that will stop me from owning one when the time comes
Never too old for a car that you enjoy driving …not many pleasures left in life, a nice car that makes you smile is always worth it

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Age is irrelevant, but health problems may mean it's not possible. Getting in and out of a low / low seat sports car can be difficult for many older people, but then there are some who are still very spritely and nimble into their 90s or older.

This 87-year old lady has been driving her Nissan 200SX for 30 years!

21-87-year-old-Nissan-200SX-south-africa-1-768x432.jpg