What will stop you from owning the new Z?

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Nothing will stop me from owning a new Zee, not even death - gonna walk that shit off after they play 'Insomnia' at my funeral - then I'm going to head over to the stealership and cop that Zee . . .

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco

twlai

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ND2 Miata RF
this "long delayed launch" has stopped me from owning a Z 😭
And no limited diff on base model also has pushed me over to a GR86......

I am done for the track, so I don't need the performance package.
I just want a square setup that is still fun on the street all year around. The base trim + limited diff would be perfect....

maybe they will make it in few years....

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Ambient interior lighting and... that could be it!

I've got a sunroof in my MB now... but I can forget that for a year or two.

chexmix78

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MAZDA 3
Occupation
job
Already mentioned but markups. I began to clear out garage space the day of the reveal.
The Z was supposed to be my midlife crisis. Then crazy markups started to happen everywhere and I refuse to pay them

so I impulsively bought an 8000 mile 1997 Porsche Boxster in the original launch colors because at worst I drive it and break even should I ever sell it.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
I impulsively bought an 8000 mile 1997 Porsche Boxster in the original launch colors because at worst I drive it and break even should I ever sell it.
If you sell it through bringatrailer.com you'll probably make money.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
^ You should take them back for a refund - they've got oil stains all over them from the manufacturing machines. ;)
Just kidding. My neighbor collect retro Nike and Jordans worth $100K+ ... We were talking about collecting cars and he busted out saying his collection of Nike shoes worth more than some Ferrari. I mean, the last pair of tennis shoes I bought were from Wal-Mart so yeah... crazy!!!! I thought a pair of Jordan 11 for $400-500 is expensive... lol

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I used to do shoes back in the day too, stopped after the Red Octobers dropped.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Already mentioned but markups. I began to clear out garage space the day of the reveal.
The Z was supposed to be my midlife crisis. Then crazy markups started to happen everywhere and I refuse to pay them

so I impulsively bought an 8000 mile 1997 Porsche Boxster in the original launch colors because at worst I drive it and break even should I ever sell it.
Hey I hope you are enjoying it! Best steering and road feel I’ve ever had. Beat my 370 hands down. Great analogue car. What did you pick it up for?

jose3030

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 Acura Legend 6sp Coupe
honestly? to answer the question? dealer added markups.
If they get super crazy, I'm out.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
For me it will be the relative price point to the other two options I am considering.

Based on the tech and performance it needs to be a reasonable amount below the Supra, and around or below the Mustang GT/CS price here in Oz.

I had a 260z Coupe when younger, so have a soft spot for this model, as I wasn't a fan of the look of the 350 or 370. However, the Mustang in Australia will have good resale into 2023/24, Supra maybe less now Toyota has announced Gen 2, and that buys time to see what gets improved in Gen 2 Z / Nismo / real world reviews and experience on tuning etc.

But who am I kidding, cars are a passion and it's easier to write logically, then to think logically when I get that VIN call... :)

Last edited: