OptionZero
Well-Known Member
the Z1 two piece rotors are mainly for street use and show.
the paragons are real track items
the paragons are real track items
Can you share what the difference is that makes one for looks and the other for the track?the Z1 two piece rotors are mainly for street use and show.
the paragons are real track items
Their ventilation and build quality is unmatched. Paragon Performance endurance races with their parts.Can you share what the difference is that makes one for looks and the other for the track?
The metallurgy can definitely make a difference when it comes to longer wear and resistance to cracking. Let me know when you're ready for my address to get your Z1 rotors and Redstuff pads boxed upHmm. Interesting. Need to do some research to see what kind of performance the Paragons actually deliver. Maybe something quantifiable. Something tangible. If anyone has that type of thing would definitely appreciate a link. Time to start clicking around and put this www machine to good use.

I hate Mondays....The metallurgy can definitely make a difference when it comes to longer wear and resistance to cracking. Let me know when you're ready for my address to get your Z1 rotors and Redstuff pads boxed up![]()
The biggest things I'm reading on the CZPs are directional cooling vanes and a high carbon alloy cast iron.I hate Mondays....![]()
Well as you mentioned earlier that would seem to suggest greater durability and resistance to heat adding to a longer lifespan.. if I'm not mistaken? Also heard back from Z1 on options for a more effective brake pad for street use and stopping power.The biggest things I'm reading on the CZPs are directional cooling vanes and a high carbon alloy cast iron.

You can get Paragon Performance products at a lower price than Z1 through CZP. They offer promotions, in fact, the front rotors are 20% off right now.This is the stuff that gets me. People tend to just believe that a brand name is better because they cost more and because “they say so”. Paragon doesn’t even manufacture their own rotors. They are outsourced to China. Bet it’s the same factory as Z1 rotors. Both save 10 lbs, both 6061 t6 hats, both directional cooling veins.
Carbotech makes a street compound, Carbotech 1521. Nice thing is if you use Carbotech XP series pads, you can switch between their street pads and track pads without having to bed-in your track pads again.Well as you mentioned earlier that would seem to suggest greater durability and resistance to heat adding to a longer lifespan.. if I'm not mistaken? Also heard back from Z1 on options for a more effective brake pad for street use and stopping power.
"In my opinion, the yellow stuff pads would be ideal for what you are talking about. The carbo tech pads are amazing track pads and are top teir for track conditions but i would not recommend them for street use. Another side note would be to consider that the more aggressive pad you use the more wear and tear on the rotors. Hope this helps and if you need anything else please let me know and I will be happy to help."
Said pretty much what we talked about earlier. Assuming I'm willing to bite the bullet on the dust then the Yellowstuff could be the way to go. I'm tempted to order the Yellow.. Then keep my fingers crossed that the Yellows don't eat my substandard Z1 rotors before I get home from the grocery store,
Which at that point would make me one step closer to adding the Paragon...and over drafting my checking account..
It is Monday right?