First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
i am becoming impatient. The wait is killing me, i am close to pulling the trigger on an 08 R35 GTR
i look at cars nearly every day.
its hard because so many nice cars keep coming up.
that r35 is prob quite a bit more than the z will be though...

I got too impatient too and didn't want to pass up the current spike in trade in values so I went ahead and ordered a Scat Pack 1320 over the weekend.
congrats...i hope you got what you wanted.
how long till its built and received?

even if i do end up getting something else, i'll stick around for the party anyways lol.
ive been needing to get a new daily for about a year. not wanting to put miles on my rx7's or supra.

btw, the list of cars on my radar are too numerous to list lol...no one prob cares anyway

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I’ve been looking at used Shelby GT350s all of a sudden. So I guess add that to my list of cars I’m considering instead. I want an ICE vehicle worth remembering during the EV revolution.
ive heard/read a lot of good things about that car.
guys who hate mustangs even like it. what color?

we've owned 2 mustangs.
a 99 v6 that i was gonna leave stock looking and turn into a sleeper.
but someone offered me 3x what i paid for it....so i sold it to them.

the other was 2014 in grabber blue. my wife always wanted "a little blue mustang" so bought her a brand new one.
i was actually impressed with it. it was nice, but after she drove it for a year and a half, she wanted a truck again.
she didnt like being so low to the ground and felt safer sitting up higher. so we got her a new tacoma.

The only other car I'm looking at is a C6 Z06 corvette. Manual, 500HP, 3100 pounds, and there's a good selection of them with not too many miles. The Z is still my top choice as long as I can actually get my hands on one for under 50k (hopefully the dealers don't screw us).
sounds nice...
the used market is crazy now. dealers know they can get almost anything they ask because of the chip shortage and lack of inventory.
i even a made some offers on a couple cars and was turned down. i could have purchased them a year ago for cheaper than what i was asking. funny thing is they ended up selling....not sure how long it can go on this way.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
ive heard/read a lot of good things about that car.
guys who hate mustangs even like it. what color?
Blue with white stripes I think. I’m also a huge fan of the 13/14 Shelby GT500 in red with white stripes. I’m not a fan of fords race red though. Too orangeish in the sunlight. I like a fire truck red.

I had a 2014 v6 when that was all I could afford. Only time I ordered a car new from the factory so I could get the recaros. Not many dealerships putting those in a base model. I’ve never had more than 300hp in a vehicle so the 300 in that didn’t feel awful. My main gripe was that it was a sausage fest car. At gas stations and coming out into parking lots, guys always asking about it. None of my female coworkers liked it. Contrast that to the 2013 Mercedes E350 coupe I had after it. Every girl I knew wanted to ride in it to lunch or happy hour. So I said no more mustangs after those two car experiences. Haha but here I am still looking at them.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
i look at cars nearly every day.
its hard because so many nice cars keep coming up.
that r35 is prob quite a bit more than the z will be though...

congrats...i hope you got what you wanted.
how long till its built and received?

even if i do end up getting something else, i'll stick around for the party anyways lol.
ive been needing to get a new daily for about a year. not wanting to put miles on my rx7's or supra.

btw, the list of cars on my radar are too numerous to list lol...no one prob cares anyway
He told me probably between 7-9 weeks. I just got my VIN yesterday so we will see.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Challengers are the best looking new cars under $100k imho. I like the view from the driver's seat with the long hood and everything about those cars. Congrats.
I just see Challengers everywhere here. I drive 2.5 hrs for work 3 days a week and couldn't keep track of how many I see on the road if I tried. Seems like at least 1 at every traffic light. More than Mustangs, Camaros and even Chargers.

Best looking new cars under $100k... that's tough. For me the 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 comes to mind. The Emira is now up there as well. The latest RS 5 Sportback is a really good looking car for a 4 door/5 door, or whatever it's supposed to be.

Last edited:

kittens

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none atm
the scat pack is an awesome car I've driven both scat pack and Hellcat, and I feel like I couldn't even use the Cat's power.

Me personally if the Z is too expensive, I really like the look of the new GR86. I wonder if it is enough power, I've also been considering a Camaro, or if the IS500 isn't too expensive might trade in my daily and get that

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
I'm always curious what cars people are looking at when in the same price range/class.

I've been eyeing a used C6 vette to be honest. Even thought about the new Mustang after hearing it has IRS.
well since the new Z wont be out for 3 years at this rate......lol

my list i'm currently looking at while waiting for prices to level back out is as follows:

new Z.....

Mclaren 570
Audi R8 (newest rev. others are meh)
Mercedes AMG GTR
Aston Martin Vantage....maybe. they're growing on me even with a V8.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
well since the new Z wont be out for 3 years at this rate......lol

my list i'm currently looking at while waiting for prices to level back out is as follows:

new Z.....

Mclaren 570
Audi R8 (newest rev. others are meh)
Mercedes AMG GTR
Aston Martin Vantage....maybe. they're growing on me even with a V8.
No P-car? The 992 GT3 seems like a good option?

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
No P-car? The 992 GT3 seems like a good option?
really not a fan.

however, i do have a cayenne turbo bookmarked currently. i've been tempted to snag a new SUV before any fun car purchase.

winter car is starting to get old and i kinda miss having an SUV so that may push back the fun car purchase but with the price nonsense it's for the best.

oh also.......forgot i am #1 and #4 on the list for a 2022 ******** :eek:

so technically that is the next fun car. actually forgot about it.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Blue with white stripes I think. I’m also a huge fan of the 13/14 Shelby GT500 in red with white stripes. I’m not a fan of fords race red though. Too orangeish in the sunlight. I like a fire truck red.

I had a 2014 v6 when that was all I could afford. Only time I ordered a car new from the factory so I could get the recaros. Not many dealerships putting those in a base model. I’ve never had more than 300hp in a vehicle so the 300 in that didn’t feel awful. My main gripe was that it was a sausage fest car. At gas stations and coming out into parking lots, guys always asking about it. None of my female coworkers liked it. Contrast that to the 2013 Mercedes E350 coupe I had after it. Every girl I knew wanted to ride in it to lunch or happy hour. So I said no more mustangs after those two car experiences. Haha but here I am still looking at them.
haha...sausage fest? i hate the term, but thats not trve sausage fest. why? because girls liked it, you even said so yourself.
the mkiv is trve s.f. women can car less about it, but every guy within a 5 mile radius can smell it...sense one it near...like "the force" on star wars.

i used to daily my first mkiv and it go so bad, guys would come into the place i worked and asked who's car it was. i got so tired of it, i let a couple of my co-workers act like it was their car. they loved the attention lol...it was fun to watch. every once in a while a knowledgeable guy would ask and sometimes i'd talk with him about it. but most of the time it was young guys or teens who saw it on f&f blah, blah, blah, blah! never once did a girl ask about it, much less want to go to lunch in the thing.

this is a funny joke i came up with.
when someone asked, my co-worker would say, "yeah its mine and the old man i bought it from didn't know what its worth and i got it for only $2000 cause it old...a 1993 car". the persons reaction was always something like...omg! what a deal! your so lucky, you ripped that dude off, etc.

when there was a pause, my co-worker would say, "he has another one that's even nicer and after i get off work i'm buying it for $2200!" :D

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
I'm just going to say the Z is my absolute top choice. I just love the retro/modern look of this new model. But in life we always have to have a plan b. Some other cars that I'm interested in are GR86, BRZ and yes a Mustang GT.

HiHello

First Name
Jazz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
I might get a new Mazda MX-5 RF GT while my Civic's value is still high. I've been hearing a lot of great things about the current Miata.

I also want to wait to see if there are any issues with the first year Zs that get fixed in later model years, and I'm interested in the Nismo version which is a little while away anyway. Would hate to get a first year Z then see Nissan come out with a better Z a year or two later like with the Supra. Hopefully this Z stays in production for many years so that if it lives up to the hype, I can still buy one new.