First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Well forget the R1T, starting my build now, overland and crawling. Aging Xterra has been too much fun, reliable but off-grid makes me think now, 16 yrs old, almost 170K. New 2022 JGR haggled down to MSRP, done! Now on 35"s ready for tripping, camping. Hardshell RTT is next on the half height rack which I preferred.

Oh, the Z will have to wait, long wait til I see some kind of electrification (hybrid, BEV), lots of performance possibilities there, it's the future.

1647579082408.jpeg

1647579136815.jpeg

1647579161239.jpeg

1647579190262.jpeg

Last edited:

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Well forget the R1T, starting my build now, overland and crawling. Aging Xterra has been too much fun, reliable but off-grid makes me think now, 16 yrs old, almost 170K. New 2022 JGR haggled down to MSRP, done! Now on 35"s ready for tripping, camping. Hardshell RTT is next on the half height rack which I preferred.

Oh, the Z will have to wait, long wait til I see some kind of electrification (hybrid, BEV), lots of performance possibilities there, it's the future.

1647579082408.jpeg

1647579136815.jpeg

1647579161239.jpeg

1647579190262.jpeg
She's gorgeous, congrats!

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I've always been a Hyundai hater (said many times that I'd never buy one or a Kia) so this is hilarious to me, but I put a deposit down on a blue, manual '22 Veloster N this morning. Car is for my SO but I'll drive it a lot as well since we're down to 1 car right now and there's no end in sight on fixing my 335i. She originally wanted a BRZ or GR86 and pretty much forgot the VN existed. It's been a struggle to get a fair deal done on a GR86 Premium and she really likes how quirky the VN is over the twins. I wanted to get a GR Corolla for myself but that's probably not happening now since I'm spending a small fortune fixing my car but at least the VN sort of fills that void.

We're driving about 6 hours to get it and trading in but it's being sold at MSRP. I jumped on it as soon as I saw it listed this morning as other blue manuals are either pre-sold, sell the day they are listed, or have $2-6k market adjustment so this is likely the best deal we're going to find. Production in Korea is ending this month or has already ended, so this is a wrap for the 2nd gen. I was never a fan of the 1st gen but have to admit the newer one looks a lot better and the N model is generally praised from everything that I've read and watched. Car is currently at sea and should hit dealer stock late next month or first week of Sept for us to take delivery.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I've always been a Hyundai hater (said many times that I'd never buy one or a Kia) so this is hilarious to me, but I put a deposit down on a blue, manual '22 Veloster N this morning. Car is for my SO but I'll drive it a lot as well since we're down to 1 car right now and there's no end in sight on fixing my 335i. She originally wanted a BRZ or GR86 and pretty much forgot the VN existed. It's been a struggle to get a fair deal done on a GR86 Premium and she really likes how quirky the VN is over the twins. I wanted to get a GR Corolla for myself but that's probably not happening now since I'm spending a small fortune fixing my car but at least the VN sort of fills that void.

We're driving about 6 hours to get it and trading in but it's being sold at MSRP. I jumped on it as soon as I saw it listed this morning as other blue manuals are either pre-sold, sell the day they are listed, or have $2-6k market adjustment so this is likely the best deal we're going to find. Production in Korea is ending this month or has already ended, so this is a wrap for the 2nd gen. I was never a fan of the 1st gen but have to admit the newer one looks a lot better and the N model is generally praised from everything that I've read and watched. Car is currently at sea and should hit dealer stock late next month or first week of Sept for us to take delivery.
Dude, that's awesome - congrats! I looked out of curiosity when the news broke, and yeah to your point they're very hard to find, let alone a reasonable number. Big loss for the automotive community imo.

Can't wait to see photos/hear y'alls take on it. When are you picking it up?

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Dude, that's awesome - congrats! I looked out of curiosity when the news broke, and yeah to your point they're very hard to find, let alone a reasonable number. Big loss for the automotive community imo.

Can't wait to see photos/hear y'alls take on it. When are you picking it up?
Thanks! Planned delivery date is 9/4 but the dealer said in general they are arriving a week or 2 sooner. We probably won't be able to make the trip until the first Saturday after the dealer gets it, so hoping for 8/27. Not too far off.