What car are you getting instead of the Z?

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
came really close to clicking "buy it now" on an r32 at a really great price...best price ive seen in years.
i thought it was posted a mistake, so was gonna snag it before anyone else could, and explain to the wife later what a "great deal" it was...

luckily i noticed it had '4 doors' before i bid ?

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
bumping this to see if anyone else decided to get another vehicle instead of the z.

i know some think it may be delayed and be marked up when it arrives.

who here is locked in on the z no matter what?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I'm looking for a '12-'15 R35 in the mean time, this may hold me until the Nismo Z comes out, will see.........

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
bumping this to see if anyone else decided to get another vehicle instead of the z.

i know some think it may be delayed and be marked up when it arrives.

who here is locked in on the z no matter what?
I'm pretty much decided already. The supra doesn't have a manual, my price range is topping out under 55k, I want a new sports car, and I just can't come around to owning Mustangs, challengers, & camaros (I live in Detroit, there's at least like 10 of them within eyeshot at all times). The twins are too underpowered unfortunately (less hp than my 15 year old rx8, which I already thought was too slow). Thought about a used bmw, golf R, or maybe a new subie, but I don't want used bmw problems, prefer sports cars to hatchbacks, and the new wrx has been disappointing so far. So the Z has really been the only thing that I'm into anywhere close to this price tag.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
I'm pretty much decided already. The supra doesn't have a manual, my price range is topping out under 55k, I want a new sports car, and I just can't come around to owning Mustangs, challengers, & camaros (I live in Detroit, there's at least like 10 of them within eyeshot at all times). The twins are too underpowered unfortunately (less hp than my 15 year old rx8, which I already thought was too slow). Thought about a used bmw, golf R, or maybe a new subie, but I don't want used bmw problems, prefer sports cars to hatchbacks, and the new wrx has been disappointing so far. So the Z has really been the only thing that I'm into anywhere close to this price tag.
Same here. I’m trying to stay around 45k. At that price range my only other real option is a used cayman. I’d rather have the new vehicle with more juice.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Share this sentiment across the board, really—the American trio are dime a dozen in FL as well, and given the insane markups like what I saw on a Mach 1 over the weekend, pass. I love hot hatches but the thought of owning a VW outside of warranty period gives me heartburn. The Scooby, maaaaybe if they salvage the design with the STi, but that's still a bit out. RWD and three pedals is just, a magical experience. Hard to top it.

jdrxb9

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ND2
I've never been a vette guy, but I've been keeping an eye on C6 prices - both 'base' and grand sports - not that much bigger than a Z and way smaller than a ponycar, plus 400+ hp and ft-lb, lighter than a Z, nice contrast from BRZ/Miata - just have to deal with the vette owner 'stigma' ?
Early winter (in the northest US) seems to have put a bit of a damper on their prices and if I see a good low mileage one I may grab it - don't think I'll loose much on it if I decide to sell once the Z is well reviewed and available on lots.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Z is still on top of my list but I'm getting bored with no new updates. Been looking at the GR86/BRZ and its really peaking my interest. I get that they're not on the level of the Z but they're gorgeous little sports cars that I can have some fun with aftermarket goodies. Plus who knows what other cars may come out by next year. I'm hoping when the smoke clears, I end up with the Z but I'm adding more cars to the list just in case.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
It will be either a Z, new STI, new Golf R, or current Supra. Supra is overpriced imho. Golf R is asking right at the limit what I'd be willing to pay for what you get. STI is well who knows at this point.

Wildcard. New Integra if a Type R exists.