US Dealer Markup Tracker Website

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Might not be the right sub-forum since it's not Z specific, but this new website might be handy for those in the USA. It's crowdsourced, so will rely on the users posting and updating it with accurate information.

Someone Created A Crowdsourced Website To Track Dealer Markups
Someone is out here doing god’s work by making markups available in one place.​

The markup website itself is called Markups.org.

Last edited:

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
What's the intent of that website? I surfed it and the information looks fake. I just don't see how anyone can make any judicious decision on the typed up information.

I think for it to be effective, there has to be pictures of the window sticker or invoice/receipt

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
What's the intent of that website? I surfed it and the information looks fake. I just don't see how anyone can make any judicious decision on the typed up information.

I think for it to be effective, there has to be pictures of the window sticker or invoice/receipt
How can you do that when there is no window, or invoices drawn up as yet….at least it’s a step in the right direction.
im not in the US so it doesn’t affect me, but if I were I would at least call the dealers making the claims and talk to them
There was one dealer from Vermont on Facebook who stated they don’t charge over MSRP…he mentioned the dealer and it has his name attached.
For my mind, that’s a promise in writing that was open to everyone to see

Last edited:

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
How can you do that when there is no window, or invoices drawn up as yet….at least it’s a step in the right direction.
im not in the US so it doesn’t affect me, but if I were I would at least call the dealers making the claims and talk to them
There was one dealer from Vermont on Facebook who stated they don’t charge over MSRP…he mentioned the dealer and it has his name attached.
For my mind, that’s a promise in writing that was open to everyone to see
Believe he meant for cars that are being sold now, which folks who buy them would have the stickers to upload as evidence.

But yes, I agree with regards to keeping this honest and useful—it'd be just as easy for someone who is legit to input information, whereas someone else could game the system with false data. Unless it's being moderated or somehow verified prior to uploading (which I guess you could argue falls under the moderation umbrella), I don't see it being successful.

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
This whole dealer markup is over played, simply choose a dealer selling at MSRP.

JoeTX

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bike
Occupation
Broker/ Software Engineer
name and shame, love it!! I wish i saved a pic about the Kia dealer in Dallas he added 15k markup for a K5

Markups_org

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z71
Occupation
engineer

its crowd sourced markup data. we like crowd sourced because we want to capture word of mouth from salesman, phone calls, sales interactions, etc. we also find many customers getting slapped with markups and addons at the end of the buying process when they end up in the financing room. often times dealers are hiding them right up until that last moment. We do forsee the possibility of abuse but as we get bigger we want to be able to vet the submissions better. We dont forsee any more "abuse" then you might get with google reviews or yelp, those are crowd sourced reviews afterall.

Believe he meant for cars that are being sold now, which folks who buy them would have the stickers to upload as evidence.

But yes, I agree with regards to keeping this honest and useful—it'd be just as easy for someone who is legit to input information, whereas someone else could game the system with false data. Unless it's being moderated or somehow verified prior to uploading (which I guess you could argue falls under the moderation umbrella), I don't see it being successful.
we dont want to shut down user markup submissions that take place via phone calls or verbally, theres not always paper work involved. does that mean we shouldnt allow those submissions? if that was necessary Yelp would have problems accepting user reviews.

This whole dealer markup is over played, simply choose a dealer selling at MSRP.
Thats the problem... simply choosing a dealer selling at msrp.

$40k markup for the IS500 ? lmfao , Do people really think that car is that good ?
weve seen some crazy markups on Rav4's and Kias too lol

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
First and foremost, thanks for joining @Markups_org ! Good to have ya.

Secondly, don't get me wrong—I'm rooting for y'all to be successful in this endeavor. I just know all too well how the internet works, and how malicious individuals try to game the system. Hopefully if bad actors try to manipulate data, y'all will be able to notice patterns or anything else that might appear to be coordinated efforts and counter it.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Hang on... have customers actually paid these markups or is this just dealer asking price?

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
i guess the best way to fill this out is see if they have mark up, attempt to wheel and deal if they dont budget mark it and take a pic with the phone of the window sticker

Last edited:

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'19 Civic Type-R
Seems like another good tool to have while shopping for Z's once they drop. The FK8 forum has a naughy/nice list thats been around since the Type-R launched. I bet you can guess which one is longer. Maybe we can get something like that for here?

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
Hang on... have customers actually paid these markups or is this just dealer asking price?
Seeing how buried some people are in their cars I can assure you there are people that have paid crazy prices for cars.