Throttle house - Nissan Z vs Mustang GT vs Challenger Scat Pack - Drag & roll race

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
The reviews on the Z - man, are they some Jekyl/Hyde reviews - while I didn’t expect the Z to beat either car from dig - in particular the Mustang - it was a bit disconcerting the way he talked about how the car was all over the place and the brakes didn’t like being hit at those high speeds. More and more - I feel like this car is a bit of a disappointment - from at first not being able to beat the Supra (was NOT surprised about this to be honest) but its all the other things - the suspension setup out of the box is more GT and less sports car. The constant reviewers talking about the lack of feedback and the way the car shifts its weight etc in turns.
And while I really do enjoy TH - I’m shocked how badly they reviewed the Z. If I were in the market for a new one - I would definitely need a test drive before actually putting money down on it. Maybe all these bad reviews will help when it comes to the added ADM - or maybe like others have mentioned - some small suspension mods will get this car to where everyone wants it to be. Granted not knowing what the actual cost of the Z was to build it - I just feel that if they would have priced this at $40k and then $45k for the performance version - it would allow for the cost difference between the Z and its competitors to make this a great buy. I just don’t know anymore - granted the cost of doing a FI TT kit in the 370z plus all the supporting mods and what not - still kinda makes me think that a newer Z even with it’s reviews is a better buy than going ‘full send’ on modding the 370z.
I agree but to get it where you expected it from factory is gonna cost a nice penny for coil overs and bolt ons. If the price was much lower then adding mods would be fine to justify the costs. But these prices, you expect for them to do better tires, brakes, suspension. I can’t express how disappointed I am with Nissan. I’ve been a Nissan “fan boy” for many years. This is very disheartening

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
The reviews on the Z - man, are they some Jekyl/Hyde reviews - while I didn’t expect the Z to beat either car from dig - in particular the Mustang - it was a bit disconcerting the way he talked about how the car was all over the place and the brakes didn’t like being hit at those high speeds. More and more - I feel like this car is a bit of a disappointment - from at first not being able to beat the Supra (was NOT surprised about this to be honest) but its all the other things - the suspension setup out of the box is more GT and less sports car. The constant reviewers talking about the lack of feedback and the way the car shifts its weight etc in turns.
And while I really do enjoy TH - I’m shocked how badly they reviewed the Z. If I were in the market for a new one - I would definitely need a test drive before actually putting money down on it. Maybe all these bad reviews will help when it comes to the added ADM - or maybe like others have mentioned - some small suspension mods will get this car to where everyone wants it to be. Granted not knowing what the actual cost of the Z was to build it - I just feel that if they would have priced this at $40k and then $45k for the performance version - it would allow for the cost difference between the Z and its competitors to make this a great buy. I just don’t know anymore - granted the cost of doing a FI TT kit in the 370z plus all the supporting mods and what not - still kinda makes me think that a newer Z even with it’s reviews is a better buy than going ‘full send’ on modding the 370z.
The only Z that was a sports car was the 240z, the rest have always been gt cars and this is the case with the new one.Who really cares if it doesn't brake as well when going 100 mph and how it handles on a track, 99% of the people buying this car will never track it.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
See, the longer Nissan holds out on deliveries the more reviewers will show what's under the skin. This is still your basic 370Z with Sport/Sport Touring now at $50K plus. Subpar Akebonos, S007s, chassis tuning, no standouts except styling which I think hits a homerun. It's a perfect GT, cruiser Z, nothing more. Nissan should've gotten these into customers' hands BEFORE reviewers get hands on them to reveal shortcomings.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
See, the longer Nissan holds out on deliveries the more reviewers will show what's under the skin. This is still your basic 370Z with Sport/Sport Touring now at $50K plus. Subpar Akebonos, S007s, chassis tuning, no standouts except styling which I think hits a homerun. It's a perfect GT, cruiser Z, nothing more. Nissan should've gotten these into customers' hands BEFORE reviewers get hands on them to reveal shortcomings.
Most people buying this car already know it is a GT car and do not care about how it handles on a track or how fast it is or that the brakes do not perform as well when braking from 100 mph.Nissan knows it has a car that is going to sell well in fact I think they will sell more Z's in the first year than the supra has sold up to this point.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Most people buying this car already know it is a GT car and do not care about how it handles on a track or how fast it is or that the brakes do not perform as well when braking from 100 mph.Nissan knows it has a car that is going to sell well in fact I think they will sell more Z's in the first year than the supra has sold up to this point.
Speed, handling and braking are highly overated when it comes to sports cars. ;)

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
lol if you dont care if the car is fast, brakes well and decently handles you can find options way cheaper than 60k. im not even talking about US adm stupidity

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Speed, handling and braking are highly overated when it comes to sports cars. ;)
Again, this is not a sports car it is a GT car and it is irrelevant what is does on the track,most people want to know how it drives as daily driver in normal driving conditions.

Freewill

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Triumph Tiger
I guess I'm not most people. I buy a sports car to be fast, brake better than a five seat sedan, and be rock steady above 100 mph. If I didn't want those things I'd buy an SUV instead.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
I guess I'm not most people. I buy a sports car to be fast, brake better than a five seat sedan, and be rock steady above 100 mph. If I didn't want those things I'd buy an SUV instead.
And where do you drive 100 mph and above,that's just stupid talk.The Z brakes just fine and handles good in most reviews . It is a GT car not a sports car.

Freewill

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Triumph Tiger
And where do you drive 100 mph and above,that's just stupid talk.The Z brakes just fine and handles good in most reviews . It is a GT car not a sports car.
There are tracks nearby in BC, and Washington State. Parts of Montana don't have speed limits. Buying a car with 400 hp that's easily capable of speeds in excess of 100 mph, should be given the proper tools to manage that speed.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Stop! Just stop it! It's dead already.

I don't even think this is a good GT car for the money. It's pretty obvious people are in love with it's looks, I get it, it's gorgeous. Or perhaps the Z heritage. Car lovers do irrational things. Enjoy.

But at this point I'm more curious to see how and if Nissan responds to this embarrassment.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
and in terms of price its the most expensive yet the slowest, i start looking more and more at the mustang🤔
Haven't seen the video as it's in the middle of the night, but it looks just like mine. Silver, but ten speed.

My G37 is likely totaled as of Thursday night and I might sell my mustang to use the $15k or so left over to pay off debt. I only have lowering springs and the mbrp race catback. It sounds out of this world and with the 7500 redline it's truly a unique experience. Less low end than a 10 speed ecoboost I drove, but the gen 3 coyote is pure bliss. Not sure if I can bring myself to sell it for the Z.

In that case, I'll pay it off and buy a new Camaro LT1, Supra, or Z in 1-2 years. In all honesty I like my 80,000 mile C4 LT1 more. Corvettes are greater than Mustangs, but driving and having a muscle car is something to behold.

I want to give this mustang and my next new car to my two daughters one day. Ultimately, I feel it's only fitting to purchase a new Challenger R/T, 392, or Camaro. Never driven the Camaro, but it has a more sophisticated chassis. Challengers, imho, are one of the best looking cars on the road. One day in th near future, I will choose one of the 4 mentioned.

If the wife can hold off on getting a new Jeep Unlimited next I'll sell the mustang, get a Heloc on current home, rent it, and move into another home. My C4 would be the last to go and I'd rather have a new home than pay off this mustang. We shall see. I think I'd only sell this mustang for a base C8 after purchasing the next home. I'm certain I can get a C8 for under $70k, but the reliability isn't there. Decisions decisions, sorry to run off topic.