Throttle house - Nissan Z vs Mustang GT vs Challenger Scat Pack - Drag & roll race

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Few pointsā€¦.
1ā€¦it will be perfect for a fun driveā€¦enough for the rolling hills, for speed to get on those freeways and enough for a nice drag at the lights ā€¦in short enough to give you an adrenaline hit
2ā€¦to make it truly a equal footing, drivers should have done one round each in each car . Individual drivers can make a huge difference on times, if they didnā€™t the F1 would be very boring, and some drivers ( even at the top of the pile) wouldnā€™t be getting paid the amounts they do.

3ā€¦most importantly. They are different ā€¦you want a muscle car, buy a mustang. You want a pretty sports car steeped in history and an enjoyable daily rideā€¦get a Z because that 0.2 of a second means nothing when your driving through the country for enjoyment, or in the city on your daily run

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
and in terms of price its the most expensive yet the slowest, i start looking more and more at the mustangšŸ¤”
Iā€™ve had 3 different mustangs through the years I had a 94 cobra and 08 GT and the 15 gtpp I like them awesome sound before I got the Supra I was looking at a Mach 1 and C8 but the wait and other things pushed me into the Supra lol plus Toyota giving me 41k for my 18 2SS

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
This is simply ridiculous. No one would think the Z would win a drag race against those cars.
Personally I don't care much about the slower drag time, but the other complaints in the video related to handling give some concern.

Quote from video: "This car is all over the place. It really isn't confidence inspiring ..."

Last edited:

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
The prob cause the price that is your competition
Thatā€™s not the way I look at It. Im not looking for the fastest car or the best car on a race track. Iā€™m looking for a car thatā€™s fast enough, fun to drive, looks great and wonā€™t beat me up when driving around town. In my opinion, the Z is the superior car.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Personally I don't care much about the slower drag time, but the other complaints in the video related to handling give some concern.

Quote from video: "This car is all over the place. It really isn't confidence inspiring ..."
Also he said braking at high speed was sloppy

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance

Same here plus the breaking is a real concern.
Iā€™m really considering to cancel my deposit.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
and its all for 60k cad, release date bullsht and season almost over. im on the same page, probably gonna cancel my preorder next week
Itā€™s unfortunate. I was first on the list at my
Dealer. Season is done, now I was going to light mod it as well. But clearly the brakes arenā€™t good after going fast. Lots of these new reviews show the car is hard to handle unless youā€™re a pro. (I know most think they are but really theyā€™re not)

60K CDN for the preformance model out the door plus another 5-15K on mods and labor.

F that. No chance.

If Iā€™m going to wait, Iā€™m waiting for the c8 for 2 years. Going to a dealer tomorrow. Donā€™t
Mind waiting 2 years for one.

50D03BBC-D490-49AB-BC15-F2F46665285B.jpeg

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
The reviews on the Z - man, are they some Jekyl/Hyde reviews - while I didnā€™t expect the Z to beat either car from dig - in particular the Mustang - it was a bit disconcerting the way he talked about how the car was all over the place and the brakes didnā€™t like being hit at those high speeds. More and more - I feel like this car is a bit of a disappointment - from at first not being able to beat the Supra (was NOT surprised about this to be honest) but its all the other things - the suspension setup out of the box is more GT and less sports car. The constant reviewers talking about the lack of feedback and the way the car shifts its weight etc in turns.
And while I really do enjoy TH - Iā€™m shocked how badly they reviewed the Z. If I were in the market for a new one - I would definitely need a test drive before actually putting money down on it. Maybe all these bad reviews will help when it comes to the added ADM - or maybe like others have mentioned - some small suspension mods will get this car to where everyone wants it to be. Granted not knowing what the actual cost of the Z was to build it - I just feel that if they would have priced this at $40k and then $45k for the performance version - it would allow for the cost difference between the Z and its competitors to make this a great buy. I just donā€™t know anymore - granted the cost of doing a FI TT kit in the 370z plus all the supporting mods and what not - still kinda makes me think that a newer Z even with itā€™s reviews is a better buy than going ā€˜full sendā€™ on modding the 370z.