First Name
Kutaba
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Proto - pathfinder
Occupation
Creative
I have almost 1300 miles on it. It’s in the garage now resting till spring. Really enjoy the car:) I checked the paint etc in areas noted by others on here and don’t see any blemishes whatsoever. Seems really well built to me. And yes I have had some very spirited driving😳. Ran it close or redline multiple times, got it to 132mph. Smooth but it needs other tires.The back end drops out easily and loses traction at takeoff. I have a set of Conti Extreme contacts and am waiting on my Watanabe s from Japan to put them on before I share the results. Also replacing the exhaust. It’s to whisper quiet for me!
What exhaust are you thinking of putting in am thinking to do them same.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
What exhaust are you thinking of putting in am thinking to do them same.
I have been in touch with Borla and was told by a rep there they are developing one for the Z. Waiting for them then I will make my selection. Might do the Z1 option as well.

kutaba

First Name
Kutaba
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Proto - pathfinder
Occupation
Creative
I took my Proto to nissan and I was told that they are waiting to have an open recall to address the issue until then I have to wait. Has any one heard anything different?

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
I took my Proto to nissan and I was told that they are waiting to have an open recall to address the issue until then I have to wait. Has any one heard anything different?
Probably waiting for your turn to replace the whole mt? A slow process indeed

CanadianZ

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
IMG_20230204_111937.jpg
Checked mine today, and it seems to be affected by this 😥 Does anyone know how they are fixing it? Are they replacing the entire bumper if the paint is chipping already?

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
IMG_20230204_111937.jpg
Checked mine today, and it seems to be affected by this 😥 Does anyone know how they are fixing it? Are they replacing the entire bumper if the paint is chipping already?
Wow. Did you notice it right after you got the car or after a while driving it?

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I haven't even driven it yet, still hasn't left the showroom floor!
Oh ok. Mine is still in the show room as well. Doesn’t have any issues. Has rubber spacers though.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
IMG_20230204_111937.jpg
I doubt Nissan would do the right thing,they will probably repaint the bumper which in itself is terrible for a new car and then apply that foam strip in itself a temporary fix at best.This is a design flaw it's that simple.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
I was told by my dealership that they had a recall notice on my car for some before they called me to schedule replacement but the trans wasn’t available to complete the replacement. Makes sense.

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
I doubt Nissan would do the right thing,they will probably repaint the bumper which in itself is terrible for a new car and then apply that foam strip in itself a temporary fix at best.This is a design flaw it's that simple.

How else do you expect them to fix it?
Unless it's a Volvo, bumpers are not sold in color.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
How else do you expect them to fix it?
Unless it's a Volvo, bumpers are not sold in color.
They should at least provide a new bumper with a better fit as the original has a design flaw.

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
They should at least provide a new bumper with a better fit as the original has a design flaw.

There isn't anything mentioned about a problem with the bumper.
Seems like the fix is adjusting the spacing.

Again, new bumpers do not come painted. No need to change a bumper for paint damage.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
There isn't anything mentioned about a problem with the bumper.
Seems like the fix is adjusting the spacing.

Again, new bumpers do not come painted. No need to change a bumper for paint damage.
New bumpers can come painted from Nissan. I bought upgraded "Sport Aero" bumpers for my Q60, and they were already painted, with the park sensor holes pre-installed.