First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Dropped my Proto manual at the dealership Monday for the Trans replacement. Got it back today. Really can't tell a difference from before. Only thing I notice is a musty body odor smell from the Tech's working inside it:( UGH
Ugh, you could've marked or etched something onto the transmission case. Like nowadays might help on catalytic conv, which I did to my rides. Might deter if anything.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
Ugh, you could've marked or etched something onto the transmission case. Like nowadays might help on catalytic conv, which I did to my rides. Might deter if anything.
I actually did that. Marked the old trans and took several photos. I just haven’t put it on the lift yet to check my markings.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I actually did that. Marked the old trans and took several photos. I just haven’t put it on the lift yet to check my markings.
be curious to see if they replaced the entire unit or just some components inside.

please keep us updated

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
this is what I expected as nissan usually does full unit only replacements. just like for the GTR the techs cant even open up the transmission. a solenoid failure or anything like that is a full transmission replacement.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
You Mean the manufacture Date? It's 2022-Jun
Yours was done at the dealer?

Ok was just curious as was trying to see when this fix was implemented. My car that's inbound is 1172

despicableZ

First Name
Journey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Yours was done at the dealer?

Ok was just curious as was trying to see when this fix was implemented. My car that's inbound is 1172
I don't know if the dealer or Japanese factory did this, My car arrived in 2022-12 and the dealer said they can't sell it to me until they receive the manual trans and replace it due to the recall.
I got the car at 2023-Feb, so far dealer only tells me they replace the trans.

Papa G Z

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
The car I’m waiting on delivery has a 12/22/22 mfg date and while it’s due 3/31 that date has moved out from 3/10 I think since I placed my deposit. Dealer has been great on communicating and I keep asking if the delay is waiting for a manual trans replacement. He doesn’t think so but....I’m thinking after I bought it then they said “ok let’s schedule the trans swap now”. It was kinda funny the sales guy said when I bought it that now sold delivery may be sooner and the opposite has happened. I’m patient as I got for msrp the exact color and manual I wanted. Plus still cold and snowy in Colorado. Targeting Easter Saturday to pick up and drive home. Unless the date moves out again.

71zman on one of your posts did you say you had some continental extreme contact tires to put on your Z? Did you put them on yet and any feedback vs stock. I have extreme contacts on our Saturn sky redline and they are great tires and sticky vs stock.