Found a pic on Facebook of the shifter realignment procedure
FB_IMG_1677430773220.jpg

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
@MCN1SMO do you have a source for this?
I'd like to see how the shift surround comes off.
I suspect it's similar to the 370 but just want to confirm.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
na I dont. I just randomly came across that pic and couldnt find additional angles or anything like that. all I know is whats in the memo to dealers I posted the page before. it seems like its just an extra step that needed to be done along with the transmission install.

I havent heard much more on this in the last few months as it seems nissan has corrected this moved past the VIN #'s this affected as far as new cars being delivered.

the step by step instructions are in the dealer ESM ( electronic service manual) but I dont have access to it

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
na I dont. I just randomly came across that pic and couldnt find additional angles or anything like that. all I know is whats in the memo to dealers I posted the page before. it seems like its just an extra step that needed to be done along with the transmission install.

I havent heard much more on this in the last few months as it seems nissan has corrected this moved past the VIN #'s this affected as far as new cars being delivered.

the step by step instructions are in the dealer ESM ( electronic service manual) but I dont have access to it
Thanks mate.

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT

My December 2022 built manual proto is definitely a little crunchy going into second when cold. Seems to be fine once it's warm. Someone suggested it might be fixed with different fluid or it's the down hill out of my street, or it's all in my head.

But I'll mention it tomorrow when it goes in for its first 1000km service. Do note: I've been very gentle to it for it's first 1800kms so far, intend to wear in to 2000kms.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Here's the step by step instructions which someone posted on Facebook a few months ago. @Beard make sure your dealer is aware of this. They probably are but might try to act dumb to wiggle out of fixing it.

Attachments

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
Here's the step by step instructions which someone posted on Facebook a few months ago. @Beard make sure your dealer is aware of this. They probably are but might try to act dumb to wiggle out of fixing it.
Hey thanks for that. I've forwarded it to the dealer and I'll keep reminding them. I had the service lady note it down for the service today.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Bless you !

This goes to show how hard that shit knob is to remove.
They have you remove the boot from the bottom of the surround and remove just the surround, rather than unscrewing knob and lifting it and the boot off over.

Last edited:

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
trying to get a jr tech to read through 59 pages of instruction can be a huge task!!!

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Service completed, this was their response.
34147292-0697-4AC7-B03A-18D93B8EC394.jpeg
Hmm, crunchy and 'notchy feeling' are not the same. Get a 2nd opinion at another dealer, doubt it's a bushing problem, Nissan knows this. One member here already got a replacement.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Totally a Z feature.

Buuuutttt. I wouldn't consider it cold in QLD just yet.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
tell the millenial car tech its the same difference between smooth and crunchy peanut butter and it should make sense to him 😅

...or should i say "make since" as a member here who will not be named would say 😂