Some perspective on the Z Launch!

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
Personally I'd most likely be looking at used 2019 BMW M2 or used 2021 Supra. Or wait a year or two and get a used 2022 Z. In a year or two when I'm ready to trade in my 370Z, the prices of what I'm looking to get next should be around the same price of a new Z.
Used cars are crazy overpriced. Up on average 30 percent. New cars maybe up 15 percent ?…….

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
What are your feelings about the Z. ReLly ? what would be a fair price at release for this car that you think is a good fair price ? For a car with a lot of existing g parts etc ?.
The common theoretical prices seem fair to me. Gets to close to $50k, either by way of MSRP or MSRP+ADM, I'll need to reconsider my priorities. I currently own a Q60, so I can be patient.

I do realize that BMW Supra and M240 are priced higher as competitors, but we gotta be realistic that the older Z platform should be at a significantly lower MSRP. The thing that worries me is that the Q60 isn't really cheaper than the "better" competitors.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
im in the boat of im going to accept that i might not get one anytime soon and thats fine no one has answered me here about them and im not going to pay any crazy marked up price either cause then when the market flips im stuck , ive seen the amount of cars these guys are loading in the train yards and ports these days and its full

DanPYo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 VW GTI 2d
Occupation
Database Programmer
Rivian. They really pissed customers off a few weeks ago by announcing steep price increases to already reserved vehicles.
And my stock becomes even more worthless lol

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
The common theoretical prices seem fair to me. Gets to close to $50k, either by way of MSRP or MSRP+ADM, I'll need to reconsider my priorities. I currently own a Q60, so I can be patient.

I do realize that BMW Supra and M240 are priced higher as competitors, but we gotta be realistic that the older Z platform should be at a significantly lower MSRP. The thing that worries me is that the Q60 isn't really cheaper than the "better" competitors.
Your comment made me think of a different angle on pricing that no one has really brought up in a while. Financing. Is everybody buying this cash? I think not. When I got my last Z in Canada I put a chunk down and the balance was financed at 2.9% over 60 months. A very fair deal. I ended up paying it off early but the idea and comfort behind the financing made it an easy purchase. If Nissan comes out with 5.9% financing that will make payments a lot higher. However, if they came out with 2.9% or something reasonable that would completely make the point of whether this car is +/- 5k on the final price almost insignificant. The interest rate is the most important. In Canada we pay a load of taxes as well on all cars (used and new) and so that will have to get financed in as well.

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
Your comment made me think of a different angle on pricing that no one has really brought up in a while. Financing. Is everybody buying this cash? I think not. When I got my last Z in Canada I put a chunk down and the balance was financed at 2.9% over 60 months. A very fair deal. I ended up paying it off early but the idea and comfort behind the financing made it an easy purchase. If Nissan comes out with 5.9% financing that will make payments a lot higher. However, if they came out with 2.9% or something reasonable that would completely make the point of whether this car is +/- 5k on the final price almost insignificant. The interest rate is the most important. In Canada we pay a load of taxes as well on all cars (used and new) and so that will have to get financed in as well.
I’m paying cash

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
I’m paying cash
And probably a few of us could pay cash. But when I was entertaining the 4.0L Cayman S it quickly jumped to 115k CAD and that was not adding a lot of options. Porsche financing is always 5.9%. Even with a big chunk down either Porsche leasing or financing comes to about $1600 payment per month. And that's getting up there. My point with financing wasn't an invitation for all of the rock stars who could pay cash to parade that fact in front of all of us, but rather speak to the point of the Z's affordability. And finance rates largely determine that.

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
And probably a few of us could pay cash. But when I was entertaining the 4.0L Cayman S it quickly jumped to 115k CAD and that was not adding a lot of options. Porsche financing is always 5.9%. Even with a big chunk down either Porsche leasing or financing comes to about $1600 payment per month. And that's getting up there. My point with financing wasn't an invitation for all of the rock stars who could pay cash to parade that fact in front of all of us, but rather speak to the point of the Z's affordability. And finance rates largely determine that.
Understood

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Used cars are crazy overpriced. Up on average 30 percent. New cars maybe up 15 percent ?…….
Which is why even if I could get a new car right now I wouldn't. I'm waiting at least another year if not two for the market settle down. I said it multiple times before and I'm going to keep saying it until proven otherwise: the new Z is not going to be worth paying markups for.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Which is why even if I could get a new car right now I wouldn't. I'm waiting at least another year if not two for the market settle down. I said it multiple times before and I'm going to keep saying it until proven otherwise: the new Z is not going to be worth paying markups for.
no car u buy now will be worth the markups when the market flips and dealers get flooded with cars

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Again...STOP WITH THE STUPID CONJECTURE AND ATTEMPTS TO SPREAD DISINFORMATION.

You know NOTHING, so stop trying to say SOMETHING.

Sorry, Moderators...
We know that Japan has released their prices….so what are they trying to hide elsewhere.
The point about a forum is to discuss our thoughts and try and figure out what’s going wrong. be those thoughts wrong or right…it’s discussion, debate

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
We know that Japan has released their prices….so what are they trying to hide elsewhere.
The point about a forum is to discuss our thoughts and try and figure out what’s going wrong. be those thoughts wrong or right…it’s discussion, debate
Maybe Nissan is being careful about pricing due to conversion rates? Since the Z is made in Japan, they don't have to be concerned over conversion rates.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Maybe Nissan is being careful about pricing due to conversion rates? Since the Z is made in Japan, they don't have to be concerned over conversion rates.
Conversion rates are not going to move too much. Australia’s dollar has gone from being worth .012 yen to .011 yen in a full year …I don’t buy it.
But then again rightly or wrongly ive completely lost my patients in the last month…so there Is probably no reasoning with me ?

DanPYo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 VW GTI 2d
Occupation
Database Programmer
bro i sold that asap when it hit 65
Bought 2 at like 180 hoping it was mid spike and went to bed. Woke up to a huge drop and was hoping it would level out... Then life happened and I forgot to check for a few days. At that point it had tanked so hard I just didn't care anymore.

Smells like Doge up in here!