First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Bought 2 at like 180 hoping it was mid spike and went to bed. Woke up to a huge drop and was hoping it would level out... Then life happened and I forgot to check for a few days. At that point it had tanked so hard I just didn't care anymore.

Smells like Doge up in here!
lol im sure it might get back up there they have contracts with amazon for trucks

OP
OP

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
You miss the point.
With a price we have choices …we know how much it will be, if we can afford it, or if we can’t in which case it’s time to drop the dream and look elsewhere.
Making excuses for not informing people is just that…an excuse
Here's the thing about "affordability" in this situation (for those of us in the US - I don't know if Nissan ever said anything about pricing in AUS or elsewhere).

We KNOW the following (for those of us that need concrete facts about everything and no further discussion about anything whatsoever on an internet forum)

1) The packaging of the car is very similar to the outgoing 370Z in terms of trim levels and respective equipment.

2) Based on the pricing of the outgoing 370Z and no other "otherworldly" tech/mechanical options offered in the Performance trim, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the Performance trim to command no more than a 20% pricing premium over the Sport trim. For what you're getting in the Performance trim, it's not worth much more than that. A 370Z Sport lived between $32k and $36k over its lifespan while a Sport Touring lived between $38k and $40k over its 11 model year lifespan, each of which commanding a maximum 20% price increase over the lesser trims. (I used the Sport trim and not the base trim of the 370Z to adequately compensate for all the standard safety tech the 23 Z will have) (OH NO THAT MIGHT BE SPECULATION... NEEDS SPOILER TAG)

3) Nissan has said the starting price is "around $40k". I presume that to be not less than $38k and no more than $42k with destination included for the Sport model.

My point is, at the end of the day, if you don't know if you can afford this car right now with the information of "it starts around $40k", then you can't afford the car. If you're at $40k, and an extra $4-8k is going to break you, you're too close to being on the wrong side of what you should be spending anyway.

Some will dismiss that entire philosophy and that's fine, but I personally can't enjoy a fun purchase if I'm stressed out about the cost of it. If you're in tune with your own finances and understand what is offered in this car, you should already know right now whether or not this is something you can afford based on the information out there already.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Here's the thing about "affordability" in this situation (for those of us in the US - I don't know if Nissan ever said anything about pricing in AUS or elsewhere).

We KNOW the following (for those of us that need concrete facts about everything and no further discussion about anything whatsoever on an internet forum)

1) The packaging of the car is very similar to the outgoing 370Z in terms of trim levels and respective equipment.

2) Based on the pricing of the outgoing 370Z and no other "otherworldly" tech/mechanical options offered in the Performance trim, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the Performance trim to command no more than a 20% pricing premium over the Sport trim. For what you're getting in the Performance trim, it's not worth much more than that. A 370Z Sport lived between $32k and $36k over its lifespan while a Sport Touring lived between $38k and $40k over its 11 model year lifespan, each of which commanding a maximum 20% price increase over the lesser trims. (I used the Sport trim and not the base trim of the 370Z to adequately compensate for all the standard safety tech the 23 Z will have) (OH NO THAT MIGHT BE SPECULATION... NEEDS SPOILER TAG)

3) Nissan has said the starting price is "around $40k". I presume that to be not less than $38k and no more than $42k with destination included for the Sport model.

My point is, at the end of the day, if you don't know if you can afford this car right now with the information of "it starts around $40k", then you can't afford the car. If you're at $40k, and an extra $4-8k is going to break you, you're too close to being on the wrong side of what you should be spending anyway.

Some will dismiss that entire philosophy and that's fine, but I personally can't enjoy a fun purchase if I'm stressed out about the cost of it. If you're in tune with your own finances and understand what is offered in this car, you should already know right now whether or not this is something you can afford based on the information out there already.
Except the price range in Aus is anywhere between 70-90k so 20k difference ….or if you like another half a car in the US, so it’s nit a small amount.

In addition us Aussies have been chatting and don’t think it’s worth anything over 80K because of its competitors prices , for example I could buy the set of twins for the price of one Z and have enough to almost buy a triplet if it was 90K or more .

The packaging may well be similar to the outgoing Z in the Us, but
Aus is only getting 1 model. We have a fair idea what will be in it, but details are yet to be set

In Aus the outgoing 370z was 70k on launch it’s now just 50….and that’s after 13 years of currency changers, again 20k difference in. 13 years. Now if the 370z was 70k on launch 13 years ago…what will the z be, no one here knows .

On one hand your saying not to speculate, but on the other you are saying take them at their word that it will be 40k starting in the Us…and that’s before you know what your local dealer is going to do with the price.

I had a budget 80k was my limit…could I spend more if I wanted to…yeah probably could stretch it a bit more, BUT with the economic environment the way it is at present and the BRZ, 86, Miata, second hand Lotus available for less…and if the price goes up to 90k the Supra, BMW Z4, Mustangs and whole host of other second hand cars all become options…and some of them are better options in terms of value.

Just because you might be able to afford something doesn’t mean you should get that something…that doesn’t make you poor…it makes you economically sensible

Until the price is released no one knowns for sure how much it will be …after all everyone was shocked at the Japans released prices …and with three months to supposedvdelivery I don’t think it’s too much to ask to have a price locked in

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
Being pessimistic isn't going to help anyone get the Z faster, and it certainly won't help y'all feel better.

I have faith in the timely arrival and affordability of my new Z, and if it isn't meant to be I will be blessed with its equivalent sooner or later. No amount of FUD will change that.

Last edited:

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster

Completely agree. If you are that close to the line you should spill any ink on a deal.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Being pessimistic isn't going to help anyone get the Z faster, and it certainly won't help y'all feel better.

I have faith in the timely arrival and affordability of my new Z, and if it isn't meant to be I will be blessed with its equivalent sooner or later. No amount of FUD will change that.
How long has Nissan been holding your money?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Completely agree. If you are that close to the line you should spill any ink on a deal.
20k difference is not close.…I could buy a whole new car for that amount…besides as I said it’s not actually about affordability but what value you get for that money

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
20k difference is not close.…I could buy a whole new car for that amount…besides as I said it’s not actually about affordability but what value you get for that money
No it is not even close in your country. I would never buy the Z. I would get a used Lotus or one of the twins. The differential is far less in Canada.

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
How long has Nissan been holding your money?
Since January end, when pre-pre-orders opened in Canada. I can call them and have it sent back, but I don't see any point in doing that at the moment.

I think you mentioned you've had a deposit for a year, hope you can get it back if you decide otherwise. It does suck not being able to jump on another car while we wait, but delayed gratification is very sweet indeed. Wish all Aussies the best of luck in getting the Z soon.

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Since January end, when pre-pre-orders opened in Canada. I can call them and have it sent back, but I don't see any point in doing that at the moment.

I think you mentioned you've had a deposit for a year, hope you can get it back if you decide otherwise. It does suck not being able to jump on another car while we wait, but delayed gratification is very sweet indeed. Wish all Aussies the best of luck in getting the Z soon.
The deposit is fully refundable ..my point is Nissan Aus has had 4K for a year (next week) so I really don’t think I’m expecting much to know what the price will be

I’m holding out, supposedly here July, all I’m saying is imagine the frustration after a year of nothing, it’s hard even for the patient among us…which I most certainly am not ?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hey All,
thought I’d pass on that there is a dealer on the “New Nissan Z“ Facebook page.
He claims to be from Formula Nissan in Vermont and states they do not charge above MSRP

Obviously doesn't affect me…but thought I’d pass it on…it never hurts to make a phone call

Name is Robert Mclane