First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z Performance 6MT, XC40, Rogue
Occupation
Web Dev
I have a '24 and no issues with the 2nd gear shifts. I was also going to echo what Fanatic said about the clutch. I'd try experimenting with how far you go in on that shift to see if going a little farther than you normally do helps at all.

OP
OP
Who.Am.Eye.2716

Who.Am.Eye.2716

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
I have a '24 and no issues with the 2nd gear shifts. I was also going to echo what Fanatic said about the clutch. I'd try experimenting with how far you go in on that shift to see if going a little farther than you normally do helps at all.
It really doesnt like to be shifted fast into any gear, no matter where the pedal is. 2nd is the most noticeable. Being a "Sports Car", shouldnt be this bad. Then again, its all about getting the best MPG is the new game car manufacturers are playing

My older BMW E90 M3 had it. My Civic type R'S have it. My mustang GT had it. One car that did not have it as much was my previous Subaru BRZ.
Interesting. I have been researching a little more on the Z manual. It seems the OEM clutch is the culprit of being a heavy pig. Which makes sense cus it doesnt allow the trans to sync right away and causing notchy shifting.

I have owned 90s and early 2000s manuals, and they were better out of the box.

flyrchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
I have a 2024, build date Aug 2023. 2nd gear sucks donkey balls. When its cold, its hard to shift into 2nd between 2k-2.5k rpms. When the trans is warmed up, its still hard to shift into 2nd gear at times.

Anyone else having issues?
That is a known issue I believe, mine does it sometimes, but not always. I seem to remember journalists at the launch press event saying the same thing, and I thought it was supposedly getting fixed. With your build, it should be fixed by now.