Rubber falling off 2023 Nissan Z Shift Knob?

nzz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z Proto 2023
Is this happening to anyone else? What do you guys think about it? I've had it for approx 1 year now. It's not really affecting anything I'm just kinda bummed because I'm kinda obsessed with keeping the car in excellent condition.

I have a 2023 Nissan Z Proto with Manual

Will post photos tomorrow

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Is this happening to anyone else? What do you guys think about it? I've had it for approx 1 year now. It's not really affecting anything I'm just kinda bummed because I'm kinda obsessed with keeping the car in excellent condition.

I have a 2023 Nissan Z Proto with Manual

Will post photos tomorrow

Thats unfortunate, those knobs arent the cheapest to replace either IIRC. Unfortunately I swapped mine after 100 miles so i cant comment on longevity lol.

OP
OP
nzz

nzz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z Proto 2023
Thats unfortunate, those knobs arent the cheapest to replace either IIRC. Unfortunately I swapped mine after 100 miles so i cant comment on longevity lol.
Yeah really would've been better if they had just made the knob a completely metal alloy of some sort instead of rubber that can easily start peeling after awhile. Especially since it's something the driver will be grabbing all day etc.

I can see that under the rubber looks like pretty durable material but it still just looks weird if theres parts of the outer rubber layer missing.

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
Interesting… Not a warranty solution I gather?

My only experience is with the leather (or whatever) wrapped shifter knobs on my 2011 and then 2014 370 Z Sport/Touring...about 80,000 miles worth. Those knobs held up perfectly. There are many aftermarket knobs on the market and it certainly isn't hard to get an OEM knob… but from what I understand, changing them is a frustrating, difficult, and somewhat scary process.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Mine's a year old and still doing fine. That would annoy the hell out of me. I'd ask for warranty replacement.