How do I switch off headlights and nav console?

Hos

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Subaru Outback, 2023 Nissan Z
New z owner here, this is gonna sound stupid, coming from an old subi outback, I'm having a little trouble with the modern gadgets and no key. After night driving, I have a lot of trouble switching the headlights and nav console off.

This is what I try. Flick the headlight to auto, click power button . Green headlight icon showing. Click power again , the green icon disappears, but nav console lights up. Click power again full dashboard lights up. Argh keeps cycling like that for a few mins, then somehow they're all off. What's the best way to do it pls.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Just turn the car off, lock it and leave it. They turn off automatically if set to auto (I think you can set how long they stay on in the settings) The lights stay on for a while so you can see your way in the dark.

OP
OP

Hos

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just turn the car off, lock it and leave it. They turn off automatically if set to auto (I think you can set how long they stay on in the settings) The lights stay on for a while so you can see your way in the dark.
Thanks. I'd changed that setting to 30 seconds. But often when I switch off car the console stays lit up, and stayed lit up even a couple mins later.

OP
OP

Hos

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Found the problem -

PEBKAC

All good, sorry for the stupid question. To make things easier I've changed it to 0 secs.

OP
OP

Hos

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What was the solution?
Flick headlights to auto, disconnect phone if cabled to nav, press power button once to switch car off. Exit vehicle and lock car. The green headlight icon still appears on dashboard, ignore it, it will go off after the delay after locking. I changed the delay from 30 seconds to 0 just to make easier for me.