First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
Found this interesting - the amount of people who are paying over $1k/mo on their monthly payments:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Found this interesting - the amount of people who are paying over $1k/mo on their monthly payments:
Hey, I have an Infiniti! He hurt my feelings!

I was shocked at how many Infiniti loans are over $1k, however I know they also have low inventory and they are probably pushing the QX80 pretty hard, and that's expensive.....

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
My wife was curious how a couple we knew, were driving around in two expensive blinged out new SUVs. I told her it's nearly always one of these three things: they make bank, family money, or credit. Turned out to be the latter, when the couple got overextended and lost their house.

Anyway, I've known a few people who are big into materialism and bad with money, they just can't say no to buying stuff. It's quite bizarre to see multiple bankruptcies and still the behaviors don't change. Wouldn't surprise if some of those folks are getting sucked into these high car payments.

Last edited:

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
Hey, I have an Infiniti! He hurt my feelings!

I was shocked at how many Infiniti loans are over $1k, however I know they also have low inventory and they are probably pushing the QX80 pretty hard, and that's expensive.....
Honestly I LOL'd when he said that - and I like Infiniti's haha. And I was also like 'HOW....HOW are people paying over $1k for an Infiniti/Nissan'. But I think you are right - they might be pushing that QX80 and probably the new Titan as well for people to be paying that much.

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
My wife was curious how a couple we knew, were driving around in two expensive blinged out new SUVs. I told her it's nearly always one of these three things: they make bank, family money, or credit. Turned out to be the latter, when the couple got overextended and lost their house.

Anyway, I've known a few people who are big into materialism and bad with money, they just can't say no to buying stuff. It's quite bizarre to see multiple bankruptcies and still the behaviors don't change. Wouldn't surprise if some of those folks are getting sucked into these high car payments.
Agreed.....I think part of the issue for a lot of people are:
1. FOMO - Don't want to miss out on the next big thing - and we don't do ourselves any favors by watching a lot of YouTube (not against it by the way) vids on cars nonstop - its basically free advertising for the manufacturer and we become trusting of those influencers.

2. I also feel that we as Americans have become so used to being in debt - that we normalize things and feel - everyone else is in debt so why can't we live our life the way we want to regardless of if its on a monthly payment.

I once heard (believe my sister told me) that this new generation of kids would own NOTHING and yet be HAPPY about it.. Think it was related to 'The Great Reset' or something.

But Does It Djent?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 BMW Z3

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7