2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Speaking of long-gone Hondas, this is neat time capsule. I had no idea Honda kept these absolutely pristine cars and lends them out to journos to review. Under 3k on the clock!

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
Mini Is Launching a Program to Teach People How to Drive Stick

It'll be held at BMW's Performance Center at the Thermal Club in California.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a41866948/mini-teaching-how-to-drive-stick/
Thermal Club race track in Palm Springs? I looked it up on Google Maps and thought to myself, how come this is the first time I'm learning of this place?

1667835266985.png

Then I went onto their website and this is one of the first images I see....

1667835318681.png

Ok, now I know why, lol. I'm NOT the targeted demographic for their clientele...

Seems to be more of a white-collar tourist destination. Definitely looks like a nice facility though. Just probably not the place for a cheap-ass, non-fancy lad like me 😅

1667835458904.png

Last edited:

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
Thermal Club race track in Palm Springs? I looked it up on Google Maps and thought to myself, how come this is the first time I'm learning of this place?

1667835266985.png

Then I went onto their website and this is one of the first images I see....

1667835318681.png

Ok, now I know why, lol. I'm NOT the targeted demographic for their clientele...

Seems to be more of a white-collar tourist destination. Definitely looks like a nice facility though. Just probably not the place for a cheap-ass, non-fancy lad like me 😅

1667835458904.png
I am going to be in Palm Springs in 2 weeks or so. Might have to stop by and see what it takes to get on the track! Looks like a very nice place.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
I am going to be in Palm Springs in 2 weeks or so. Might have to stop by and see what it takes to get on the track! Looks like a very nice place.
Takes some pics and let us know how it is if you do!

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
Takes some pics and let us know how it is if you do!
Looks like its 45 min past where I will be staying. Literally almost to Salton Sea. May have to pass this time.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
This is too bad, loved my '04 Mazdaspeed, stock with just susp and hardtop upgrades. FUN FUN!!

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a41925857/flyin-miata-v8-dead/
Damn man.

I was just talking with my coworkers about this company, and how my boss back in 1995 had a V8 Miata (not sure which company did that one, but it was a kit)

But hey, "I'm the government and I'm here to help, give me your (___________) you won't be needing that anymore, now don't you feel better? Oh, and equity and all that too...."

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Damn man.

I was just talking with my coworkers about this company, and how my boss back in 1995 had a V8 Miata (not sure which company did that one, but it was a kit)

But hey, "I'm the government and I'm here to help, give me your (___________) you won't be needing that anymore, now don't you feel better? Oh, and equity and all that too...."
Now wondering if I should just get this while still CARB legal...

50-State emissions-legal on 18-21 Mustangs (CARB E.O. #D-418-41).

https://www.roushperformance.com/pa...tegory/2018-mustang-supercharger-phase-2.html

There are heat soak issues, i.e. pull timing, on sustained tracking, why haven't pulled the trigger yet.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Now wondering if I should just get this while still CARB legal...

50-State emissions-legal on 18-21 Mustangs (CARB E.O. #D-418-41).

https://www.roushperformance.com/pa...tegory/2018-mustang-supercharger-phase-2.html

There are heat soak issues, i.e. pull timing, on sustained tracking, why haven't pulled the trigger yet.
I have LT headers on my truck, the manufacturer of them recently ceased production of them and destroyed remaining stock to comply with the EPA. That means no spare parts.

Make sure if they discontinue that kit, they don't also discontinue support