Petition: Where’s my Z

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
The Z was always a dream to want to get new and soon since I'd want to keep the audi. Also the markups are outrageous so not gonna be in the market for a MSRP z until a year minimum. Add to this wife and I are thinking of starting a family so can't think about 2 door or my audi with its loud exhaust..but to answer your question, I'm looking at an X3M. Found one and am 99% sure I'm gonna pick it up...gotta get the dealer snd wife to agree on s4 trade in apprisal..
Congrats, bud! Best of luck to y'all if you do decide to start one (not to mention good luck threading the needle with the better half and the dealer).

And, relatable about waiting on the Z - them just, trickling in is not going to make this easy for anyone who won't put up with markups in the near future.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Congrats, bud! Best of luck to y'all if you do decide to start one (not to mention good luck threading the needle with the better half and the dealer).

And, relatable about waiting on the Z - them just, trickling in is not going to make this easy for anyone who won't put up with markups in the near future.
Yea, I mean the dealer knows they got me since the spec is the ONLY one in the country for sale currently; the other similar spec was sold for the same price just 2 days ago (was on the market for 10 days). So they're lowballing me $5k on the trade (Which is still +$7k then other Carmax/Carvana), so i don't feel too bad. Plus i really want the car, so...got the condition from wifey that she wants a Europe trip next year in exchange for this 5k loss :(

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Yea, I mean the dealer knows they got me since the spec is the ONLY one in the country for sale currently; the other similar spec was sold for the same price just 2 days ago (was on the market for 10 days). So they're lowballing me $5k on the trade (Which is still +$7k then other Carmax/Carvana), so i don't feel too bad. Plus i really want the car, so...got the condition from wifey that she wants a Europe trip next year in exchange for this 5k loss :(
(pls don't show my wife, nor your wife, this post)

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
Because it's not actually called a "400Z"??

People who call it "400Z" are displaying an extreme level of ignorance.
Never, ever, did Datsun, Nissan, refer to the Z with an arbitrary numbering system. From day 1, in the USA, the numbers preceding Z have been a representation of the displacement. There was even 2 gens of "300ZX". Because....well because they both had 3000cc engines.
What's so difficult to understand about that? Technically, the new Z would've been called "300Z", if we were to stick to the thoroughly established tradition. Dropping the "X" would have been enough. I think Nissan calls it simply "Z" to avoid back-pedaling the name, and a nod to the end of line.

The idiots of today, let's call them the "extinction generation", think they can will into existence facts using social media. Where TF did "400" come from I don't know, but I suppose the ignorance of 400>370 or 400HP is where it came from.

It's like the morons who refer to the latest Ford 7.3 as "Godzilla". Hello!!? There's a car still in production that was named Godzilla first. And WTF does a Japanese icon have to do with Ford?

So much salt over a stupid name lol, who cares if people want to give it a nickname? 400Z sounds cooler anyway, I know it's just the Z and I won't go asking the dealer for my "400Z" but I sure as hell would use that nickname just to piss some boomers off. Old people just mad that they aren't young anymore so they formed a superiority complex to cope 😂

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
So much salt over a stupid name lol, who cares if people want to give it a nickname? 400Z sounds cooler anyway, I know it's just the Z and I won't go asking the dealer for my "400Z" but I sure as hell would use that nickname just to piss some boomers off. Old people just mad that they aren't young anymore so they formed a superiority complex to cope 😂
In through the nose, out through the mouth. You'll be ok dude.

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
In through the nose, out through the mouth. You'll be ok dude.
I'll be okay, I only worry for those losing sleep over something that has 0 impact on their lives

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I sure as hell would use that nickname just to piss some boomers off. Old people just mad that they aren't young anymore so they formed a superiority complex to cope 😂
I'll be okay, I only worry for those losing sleep over something that has 0 impact on their lives
I state facts and your response is based on assumptions.

Sounds about right. And although I'm nowhere near a "boomer" it's clear you harbor prejudice and thinks it's appropriate to call people an age-related name.

Keep responding to facts with your warped emotions.

Oh, and I sleep very well

Last edited:

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
For the people taking deposits back, I totally get it. You’re frustrated. So am I. But………
You could’ve held on and just flip it yourself for someone who wants it. (Especially if you’re in Canada where dealer markups are not allowed)