Other cars, really only one other option?

OP
OP
bybepl

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
Got it. It needs the $8200 in upgrades to increase the handling.
I'd say so, but base price is 38k and it hauls. Buddy has one with performance pack and mag ride. It's crazy

Dotson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nissan Pathfinder
I'd say so, but base price is 38k and it hauls. Buddy has one with performance pack and mag ride. It's crazy
I bet. I've never really been into the look of muscle cars. So I've not paid much attention to Mustangs, Camaro's etc. Although I like what ford did with the current gen body style, it's not bad looking car. Any info on how good the next gen mustang will be? Looks like it may be out next year.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Yep, even at $46K optioned w Perf Pack, adj magneride susp, Brembos, Recaros, adj steering modes, 460 hp, a bargain I'd say so. The Magneride is that good!

Dotson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nissan Pathfinder
If price of performance Z is north of 46k or after June I'm switching to mustang gt
Yep, agree on the price, around $45K is my limit for the Z. I'm curious to see what Ford has in store for the next gen mustang next year. It can only get better right?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Yep, agree on the price, around $45K is my limit for the Z. I'm curious to see what Ford has in store for the next gen mustang next year. It can only get better right?
Instead of making significant parts of the car in commie land, the entire car gets made by commies?

Dotson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nissan Pathfinder
Instead of making significant parts of the car in commie land, the entire car gets made by commies?
Commies? Is it 1945. lol. I bet way more parts are made in China, by more 'commies'.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Commies? Is it 1945. lol. I bet way more parts are made in China, by more 'commies'.
Yup. China makes the 6MT used in the Mustang GT. Amongst other parts.
And they are commies who point nuclear weapons at us. Making major parts for an "American" brand car manufacturer. Ironic.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
If I don't get a Z within the next 12 months, then only option would be to pick up a prev gen GT4 or GT350 when prices start going back down...Possibly F430 Spider or 6MT 991.2 GT3 if I can afford it
Used GT4 like a 2016 is $125,000 Canadian Dollars up here in Vancouver.

Dotson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nissan Pathfinder
Yup. China makes the 6MT used in the Mustang GT. Amongst other parts.
And they are commies who point nuclear weapons at us. Making major parts for an "American" brand car manufacturer. Ironic.
And we donā€™t point Nukes at them? Somehow weā€™re good and everyone elseā€™s is bad, unless they do and act like our government wants them to. Honestly what did China ever do to us to make them an enemy. Thereā€™s a lot of people in the US government and military complex that like power and want to stay in power. A great way to do that is to make wars and enemies so they can ā€˜keep us safeā€™ while taking our money through taxes and controlling us through fear and more laws.
By the way, China makes parts for a lot of car manufacturers. Nissan included.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
And we donā€™t point Nukes at them? Somehow weā€™re good and everyone elseā€™s is bad, unless they do and act like our government wants them to. Honestly what did China ever do to us to make them an enemy. Thereā€™s a lot of people in the US government and military complex that like power and want to stay in power. A great way to do that is to make wars and enemies so they can ā€˜keep us safeā€™ while taking our money through taxes and controlling us through fear and more laws.
By the way, China makes parts for a lot of car manufacturers. Nissan included.
Are you arguing against my prerogative or the facts I presented?

Because what I said are facts, and why I won't buy Chinese made Ford is my prerogative.

BTW I lived in China for several years and still own an apartment in Shanghai, and go back regularly, so don't try to school me.

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Yeah let's keep all the rambling and side conversations in the Off Topic section.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Nice, admin removed the drawn out ramblings!

Even the Mach 1 HP (great package!) might be close enough to a well optioned Performance trim Z, it will eat it alive.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Yep, even at $46K optioned w Perf Pack, adj magneride susp, Brembos, Recaros, adj steering modes, 460 hp, a bargain I'd say so. The Magneride is that good!
If you don't mind me asking, what year is yours and did you buy it used? Was fussing about on Ford's website last night building them, and curious how difficult it is to get one configured new versus just looking across existing inventory.