300ZTT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Ugh, why is it over 200lbs heavier than the Supra 3.0? Come on Nissan 🤢

2023 Performance AT - 3602lbs
2022 Supra 3.0 - 3400lbs

Comparing apples to apples, I assume when the '23 Supra 3.0 MT comes out it will be lighter than the AT.
I know right? I've seen on Motortrend and a youtube video where the Supra 3.0 actually measured 3300-3350lbs. So It could be worse at around 250-300lbs heavier. Come on Nissan!

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
These numbers along with distribution are a very legitimate concern. Looking more like a GT car than a sports car unfortunately. Let's see if Nissan tuned this whale in.

Xeno

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1984 Pontiac Trans Am, 1968 Chevrolet C10
Occupation
Mechatronics Engineer
These numbers along with distribution are a very legitimate concern. Looking more like a GT car than a sports car unfortunately. Let's see if Nissan tuned this whale in.
Didn’t it come out in an interview that this was a car focused more on a GT approach and that the GTR would be the real sports car? I mean it’s not like aftermarket won’t solve the weight issue anyway.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Didn’t it come out in an interview that this was a car focused more on a GT approach and that the GTR would be the real sports car? I mean it’s not like aftermarket won’t solve the weight issue anyway.
At first it was a sports car that the competition couldn't touch. Then it became a dance partner. Now it's a GT car in some interviews. So who knows what it will be next month, maybe cancelled at this rate lol.

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
May 16th then we may know something about how it drives and what the weight does to the car at this point it’s all guess work ? No