First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Will anyone be holding off from making a purchase until we see the Nismo version?
Nope. I'm getting the new Z as soon as it is available for MSRP, or hopefully a little less. I don't want to wait any longer than that. I want a fun car now.

Will I trade that car for the NISMO when it comes out? Quite possibly!

Snake

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 F150 Lariat 4x4 5.0, 2009 E93 335i
Occupation
Sales
Will anyone be holding off from making a purchase until we see the Nismo version?
Nah, granted I'm not buying the regular version of the car at release either. I'm looking for a fun street car, not a track spec car. I rather have leather seats etc we can always make more power in the after market.

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
They're saying the Nismo will have 400hp. Does that mean the normal Z will come with the 300hp tune?

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
They're saying the Nismo will have 400hp. Does that mean the normal Z will come with the 300hp tune?
I don't believe that hp number is correct for the nismo version. I think the middle tier will be 400hp. The lower tier 300hp and the nismo at least 450hp+. Just my guess.

Philosophy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I think it'd be really cool to recreate the Hamon (the wave-like difference of appearance on katana swords) for the "samurai sword" strips. With that and a few other changes you could make the Nissan Z Ronin/Samurai edition or it could be a cool edition for the Nismo edition. I'm not skilled enough to concept it, but I'm definitely going to consider getting two strips like that custom made for my future Z. I think it'll look especially good on an all black model.

Jdawg_89

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6, 335i
Occupation
Engineer
I don't believe that hp number is correct for the nismo version. I think the middle tier will be 400hp. The lower tier 300hp and the nismo at least 450hp+. Just my guess.
I think the lowest tier or base-level Z car will at least match the power of the outgoing 370z. Unless that base model price is really attractive, the optics of having less power than the older model wouldn't be great, right?

Captain_Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/297956

Nissan Sports will not die! After all, the newly developed R36GT-R & appearance countdown new Z has NISMO !!

20210710_R36GT-R_and_Z_03.jpg

20210710_R36GT-R_and_Z_08.jpg

As the Best Car Scoop team continued to interview related parties in search of Nissan's scoop, happy information came in!

The latest information on the long-awaited GT-R and New Z! Moreover, the next-generation GT-R has overturned the information on "mild hybrids" so far, and it is said that development is continuing with the gasoline turbo engine as it is!

Thorough investigation of new information that even non-fans may hear joyful voices!

* This article is from June 2021.
Text / Best Car Editorial Department Photo / NISSAN, Best Car Editorial Department
First appearance: "Best Car" July 10, 2021 issue

■ Under development with gasoline turbo engine !!! New GT-R latest information
First GT-R.

The information that the best car had obtained so far was that the current model will be discontinued in the fall of 2022, but it will be connected to the next model with a mild hybrid based on the VR38DETT engine.

However, according to this new information, it is said that the next model is being developed with the gasoline turbo engine.

20210710_R36GT-R_and_Z_02.jpg

I heard the existence of the next R36 type GT-R! While based on the current model, the image will change significantly (the image is the expected CG by the best car editorial department)

The mild hybrid was planned by Kazutoshi Mizuno, the creator of the GT-R, from the beginning of development.

Although the schedule was delayed due to Mr. Mizuno's retirement from Nissan, it was said that it could be put into practical use in 2022, but I was surprised because it changed to information that the model will be changed with the gasoline engine.

CAFE (average fuel consumption by company) may have a little margin due to its strong e-POWER and EV strategy, but since 2022, noise regulations will become stricter, so it will be suitable for super sports models such as GT-R. It should be a difficult situation.

That is why it was said that the current model will be discontinued next year, but it is a nice miscalculation that the next model can be produced.

Considering the contents of the change, it will be a change that can be said to be a minor change, but there is a high possibility that it will appear as the R36 type, which will be a "full model change" with a model change in terms of sales strategy.

It is expected to be released in early 2023. I would like to inform you of this matter as soon as new information becomes available.

■ Z NISMO will be unveiled at "Tokyo Auto Salon 2022" ???
Then New Fairlady Z.

Z has lost the public place for commercial models due to the cancellation of the Tokyo Motor Show scheduled to be held this fall, but it seems that it will be unveiled for the first time at the Tokyo Auto Salon in January next year.

20210710_R36GT-R_and_Z_07.jpg

New Z has a NISMO version! By proceeding with development at the same time as the race car GT4, it will become more full-scale specifications (image is expected CG by the best car editorial department)

The official release is scheduled for March next year.

The new information is that the NISMO version will be added to this new Z.

In the Skyline, the Z is equipped with V6 and 3L twin turbos that have two specifications of 304ps and 405ps, but the NISMO version is of course 405ps specifications, no, it is rumored that further power-ups will be made.

20-inch tires are installed compared to the normal 19-inch, and the body and suspension are strengthened.

20210710_R36GT-R_and_Z_04.jpg

Rear view of the next GT-R (expected CG). Both GT-R and Z are actually minor changes based on the current model, but the interior and exterior have been updated to realize a figure suitable for the new era.

In addition, Z is also developing a GT4 machine, a race category that has been booming in recent years.

Like the GR Supra GT4, it is a race-only model that cannot run on public roads, but it will also be sold to the general public. The Supra GT4 costs 175,000 euros (about 23.45 million yen), and the Z GT4 is likely to be around that price.

20210710_R36GT-R_and_Z_09.jpg

Rear view of Z NISMO (expected CG). As was the case in the R32-R34 GT-R era, the market is excited by saying that it is a full change even in the real Maichen. There is no complaint about the method!

Of course, since NISMO is in charge of development and testing, there is a high possibility that this know-how will be applied to commercial models, and we can expect potential that exceeds the conventional NISMO version.

Nissan's two major sports, GT-R and Z, which Japan is proud of, do not die. It also appeals the future possibilities of internal combustion engines!

Information on the GT-R has changed from a mild hybrid to a continuation of a gasoline engine. Thank you for having the next model

20210710_R36GT-R_and_Z_06.jpg

R36 type GT-R expected specifications
・ Overall length × Overall width × Overall height: 4730 × 1900 ×
1370mm
・Wheelbase: 2780mm・ Vehicle weight: 1760kg
・ Engine: V6, 3.8L DOHC twin turbo
・ Maximum output / maximum torque: 600ps / 66.0kgm
・ Drive system: 4WD
・ Transmission: 7DCT
・ Expected appearance time: Early 2023
・ Expected price: 15 million yen

20210710_R36GT-R_and_Z_11.jpg

● Z35 type Fairlady Z NISMO Expected specifications
・ Overall length × Overall width × Overall height: 4385 × 1850 × 1310mm
・ Wheelbase: 2550mm
・ Vehicle weight
: 1550kg ・ Engine: V6, 3L DOHC twin turbo
・ Maximum output / maximum torque: 405ps / 48.4 kgm
・ Drive system: FR
・ Transmission: 6MT / 9AT
・ Expected appearance time: March 2022
・ Expected price: 7 million yen

20210710_R36GT-R_and_Z_05.jpg

20210710_R36GT-R_and_Z_10.jpg

[Extra column] Next season's Super GT will run "New Z"!
After collecting information on new cars, it turned out that Nissan will introduce the new Z in the Super G / GT500 class next season.

Having fought in the GT-R for 13 years since 2008, it will be a fresh new machine.

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
The next GT-R should go hybrid power, that will up output quite a bit. And hoping the 400Z poweplant, if related to the Q60 TT, be 'modular' enough for easy servicing and modding ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.