Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
I might be in the minority here, But i'm hoping the car costs $40k minimum. i'd rather the price be higher, the materials of higher quality, and not have every single 17-20 year old begging their parents to buy them one.

I know its a nissan so it won't happen, but i'd prefer this car to be a bit more upscale than the BRZ/86.
Well this right here is the predicament. If the interior of the production turns out to be exactly like what we saw with the Proto, that's hardly what I'd call materials of higher quality. Over half of the interior is carried over from the 370Z, besides the digital dash, digital infotainment, different steering wheel, and some colored stitching.

If we saw some carbon fiber in the interior, more leather/alcantara, and aluminum I would absolutely not question a $40k+ base price. Hopefully the production interior will have a slight upgrade from the Proto, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up on that one.

Longhorn2020

First Name
Jase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z
Occupation
Computer engineering
I'm okay paying more for the higher quality materials like what Nissan has been using in their new vehicles. If people need something cheaper the gr86 or brz should be a good option.

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
So it's going to look just like the proto but with a radar sensor... can I get 6 months of my life back lol.

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
If base is $40k with a decent amount of standard features (navigation, high-quality interior, 19-inch rims, Akebono breaks, etc) and the options/trims aren't crazy expensive, I'd be ok with that. But if base is $40K and Sport is pushing $50K I'd probably reconsider.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Well this right here is the predicament. If the interior of the production turns out to be exactly like what we saw with the Proto, that's hardly what I'd call materials of higher quality. Over half of the interior is carried over from the 370Z, besides the digital dash, digital infotainment, different steering wheel, and some colored stitching.

If we saw some carbon fiber in the interior, more leather/alcantara, and aluminum I would absolutely not question a $40k+ base price. Hopefully the production interior will have a slight upgrade from the Proto, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up on that one.
Here’s what happened. Last night almost half of my dream was on the reveal floor talking and walking around the Z. Lots of people there, noisy. Then someone invited me to check out the interior. Door opens and I looked in. All the gauges, dash, center console, seats, are carried over 370Z. NO digital dash! Woke me up in cold sweat!! The proto was only a concept.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
I don't think its a big deal whatsoever. We used to have cooled seats on our previous BMW X3... and you could have barely told they were even on. Maybe if you're sitting in just your underwear or something you might actually tell. I didn't even option it for my current M4.
Yeah maybe suede or cloth seats, but I don't know if they were all leather. I guess I am getting spoiled and got along before without it fine. I never got the ventilated seats option until my present 16 Mustang GT and have no idea when they started coming out with it. I do notice they do not seem to be working as well anymore. When I first test drove a Challenger a couple years ago, I noticed how it was much stronger and almost instant compared to the several minutes it takes to feel anything in my car.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator

tractng

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 RDX, 2016 Miata
Occupation
Systems Admin
You realize the Mustang GT start at $37k and has 450HP right?
Yea you can go get that! The mustang sells at a large volume with its lower end model. Joe can get a cheap 25k mustang and the ordinary public won't know from the higher model. Its not even a comparison.