Nismo Z prototype spied testing in the U.S.

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
I was out grocery shopping yesterday when I spotted the NISMO Mule in North PHX - Lake Pleasant area.
IMG_1070.jpeg

IMG_1067.jpeg

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
he was way to fast to get in front and get some pics once he saw my wife was taking pics of the vehicle . . .

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
man these pics make me miss a wing in the style of the 350 NISMO or the Gen 1 370 NISMO.

you can tell from some of closer pics the new lip spoiler is a 3 part spoiler that has 2 pieces that extend on to the rear quarter panels so while its different than the performance model.

I just think having a true wing is part of the NISMO DNA even though the gen 2 370 NISMO went in a differnet direction.

I would like to have seen a slightly more modest OEM version of this to tie in with the GT4 car

1675716741659.png

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Huh, exhaust looks awfully "regular". Didn't past Nismo Z's have special exhaust?
The previous NISMO Exhausts we made by Fujitsobu and were of the 'Legalis' line, the differentiating detail is the NISMO had a slightly higher pitch where as the Fujitsobu had a deeper / throatier note.

The stock exhaust has been and continues to be manufactured by Calsonic Kansai who recently in 2018 merged with Magneti Marelli.

I had the windows down when I was right behind him in traffic and it was surprisingly quiet, even on the freeway it was gentlemanly growl which had the wifey saying it's so much better that your Motordyne exhaust (which promptly got a her a sideways look emphasizing 'Shut It Woman!!') . . .

Last edited:

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Huh, exhaust looks awfully "regular". Didn't past Nismo Z's have special exhaust?
yeah that is the performance tips on the mule for sure as you can tell by the holes. the 370 nismo had like this "H" style exhaust that was different from the regular Z but I dont remember the tips looking that different.. then of course there was the S-tune Weldina stuff then even then a Ti and stainless accessory exhaust from the dealership

but here was the OEM

image002.gif

NISMO 370
image001.gif

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Had to add the direct response above regarding the exhaust . . .

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
thats a cool render of the NISMO. it does look to have aspects of the test mule for sure. the "beak" part on the front looks pretty good based on the shapes we have seen under the camo. im not sure we will see the open brake ducts though. Also I dont think it will have any exposed carbon or the fender vents for cost reasons ( this car has got to come in around 65K ish or its DOA.)

as for the honeycomb DRLs ...all the NISMO cars have had matching DRLs since 2015. even though you cant see any hints of them on the mules it could possibly be there to match the 2024 refreshed GTR NISMO as you can make out that same design in the rear F1 brake light.

the wheels look spot on as well as the entire rear end with the spoiler covering 3 different body panels

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
That front fender is atrocious. Look at the side shot of the car, the front and rear fenders aren't even from the same car....

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
yeah that part really kills the render for both cars as the GTR fender doesn't share any design language of the Z. you might as will have put a pick up truck fender on there. but the front beak area and the rear of the car look pretty close

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
yeah that part really kills the render for both cars as the GTR fender doesn't share any design language of the Z. you might as will have put a pick up truck fender on there. but the front beak area and the rear of the car look pretty close
You mean like a Titan fender with the sweet fake vent?
b060c0852cbae8fc995c3c06e2dfabc2x.jpg

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You mean like a Titan fender with the sweet fake vent?
b060c0852cbae8fc995c3c06e2dfabc2x.jpg

its funny you mention fake vent because the $7K a side fender vents on the new GTR NISMO shown on this render are kinda sorta fake. they are real in the fact that yes there are now openings in the fender....but the fender liner underneath is the same as the ones without the vents so there is no different airflow for aerodynamics and there is no new vent or opening connecting them to the engine bay to directly dissipate heat which is the other function of the vent. so there is probably some benefit from the vents existing in themselves but there is no channel leading out of the engine bay or down in the the wheel well to assist them. they are totally sealed off