Nismo Z prototype spied testing in the U.S.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
They will be available in 5 years, only sell 11 cars, and dealers will have them at 160k.
Yup with the regular Z hardly at dealers.....its hard to even get excited about a Nismo version lol.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Yup with the regular Z hardly at dealers.....its hard to even get excited about a Nismo version lol.

That's very true from a buyers point of view for sure as the feeling is if I can't even get a regular Z how the hell am I supposed to get a rarer verison that is sure the be marked up even more. I get how seeing these spyshots car stir up those feelings given the roll out so far

From Nissan perspective I believe we are seeing this car already because with all the reviews of the Z being lukewarm at best(that's might be generous) this nismo is being fast tracked to market to address some of the sort comings. The two most glaring I think were tires and the car being under sprung. Those can be addressed. Older chassis and weight are something everyone is going to have to live with on the RZ34 as it's baked in the cake

Speaking of tire it looks like we are getting Dunlops

RedBeauty84ZX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
300ZX
maybe 35-45hp wheels brakes suspension bodykit seats.
I think we will see it rated at 450HP, a nice even number that is good for marketing, and easily obtainable. Remember, the factory engine can make this with nothing but a ECU retune (especially if you consider it's under rated a bit already)...450HP with a revised intake/exhaust and ECU tune will be easy for Nissan. It's not like the VQ engines where they were struggling to squeeze out every extra horsepower. Looks like 6 piston calipers up front, likely revised suspension, new seats, aero, and Nismo trim accents on the interior are expected. I think you're right on pricing, probably about $65k.

RedBeauty84ZX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
300ZX
From Nissan perspective I believe we are seeing this car already because with all the reviews of the Z being lukewarm at best(that's might be generous) this nismo is being fast tracked to market to address some of the sort comings.
I don't think it's related to this at all. The car was likely planned and in development well before the first reviews came out. This isn't unusually quick for a Nismo model, the 370Z Nismo came out in 2009, the same year the base model came out.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think we will see it rated at 450HP, a nice even number that is good for marketing, and easily obtainable. Remember, the factory engine can make this with nothing but a ECU retune (especially if you consider it's under rated a bit already)...450HP with a revised intake/exhaust and ECU tune will be easy for Nissan. It's not like the VQ engines where they were struggling to squeeze out every extra horsepower. Looks like 6 piston calipers up front, likely revised suspension, new seats, aero, and Nismo trim accents on the interior are expected. I think you're right on pricing, probably about $65k.

I could see certainly see 450 just because the GT4 Z is 450 and there is some good marketing opportunity there just has how nissan really emphasized how the GTR NISMO has the turbos out of the GT3. so they like their motorsports tie in. Im for that but I am hedging my bets a bit as everything so far about the new Z seems a bit on the conservative side. its not an apples to apples comparison but the 350 NISMO had no HP gain and the 370 had just 18. But you are correct with a boosted car getting 50hp out of the VR is probably almost as easy as getting the 18 out of the VQ for the NISMO 370.

RedBeauty84ZX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
300ZX
I could see certainly see 450 just because the GT4 Z is 450 and there is some good marketing opportunity there just has how nissan really emphasized how the GTR NISMO has the turbos out of the GT3. so they like their motorsports tie in. Im for that but I am hedging my bets a bit as everything so far about the new Z seems a bit on the conservative side. its not an apples to apples comparison but the 350 NISMO had no HP gain and the 370 had just 18. But you are correct with a boosted car getting 50hp out of the VR is probably almost as easy as getting the 18 out of the VQ for the NISMO 370.
I think it's a lot easier getting 50HP more HP out of the VR than even getting 10HP out of the VQ. Nissan technically doesn't even need to change a single part on the new Z, literally just new ECU code could do it.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't think it's related to this at all. The car was likely planned and in development well before the first reviews came out. This isn't unusually quick for a Nismo model, the 370Z Nismo came out in 2009, the same year the base model came out.

Im sure it was planned as you dont just whip up a NISMO in 6 months after they read reviews and whenever we started seeing it. what im saying is I would imagine internally there is an emphasis to get this car to market no delays (remember the Z was supposed to be spring 2022 before that fell apart) ect to try to help the narrative a bit vs what we have seen so far from the reviews media ect

I remember the Gen 1 370 NISMO I think debuted at the NYAS after the 370 came out in the fall? that was fast but that car was so close to the 350 NISMO I wasnt surprised. would be cool we he saw it break cover this spring

I actually got to be there in person when Nissan debuted the Gen 2 370z NISMO up at Zdayz. they said at the time it more a more mature version of the NISMO... basically meaning we lost the wing and added a trim with navigation ect. they got away a bit from the boy racer look. I was a bit disappointed but not shocked when we didnt see a high rise wing on this NISMO mule and its more like a lip spoiler.

RedBeauty84ZX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
300ZX
Im sure it was planned as you dont just whip up a NISMO in 6 months or whenever we started seeing it. what im saying is I would imagine internally there is an emphasis to get this car to market to try to help the narrative a bit vs what we have seen so far from the reviews media ect

I remember the Gen 1 370 I think debuted maybe the chicago show the spring after the 370 came out in the fall? that was fast but that car was so close to the 350 NISMO I wasnt surprised.

I actually got to be there in person when Nissan debuted the Gen 2 370z NISMO up at Zdayz. they said at the time it more a more mature version of the NISMO... basically meaning we lost the wing and added a trim with navigation ect. they got away a bit from the boy racer look. I was a bit disappointed but not shocked when we didnt see a high rise wing on this NISMO mule and its more like a lip spoiler.

NIssan execs had teased a potential Nismo variant of the new Z way back in 2020...I don't think the current reviews are making an impact to the cars timeline.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
Are we thinking these are the production wheels or just mule wheels?

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Are we thinking these are the production wheels or just mule wheels?

those look to be 19" version of the OEM NISMO GTR wheel so that tells me production
thats a fairly expensive wheel for the GTR MSRPs at around $2500 each o_O

https://parts.nissanusa.com/p/105926565/D0C00-6HV0A.html
1675281081099.png

there was a early test mule last summer that was running a combination of wheels off of the first gen 370 NISMO wheels and then 2020 regular 370 wheels. that goes back to what I was saying the car has clearly been in development for a good while. when I say fast track I dont mean the R&D itself as that is mapped out in advance. my comments are more about nissan feeling the pressure to deliver this car to market and not repeat last years mistakes. so it has some visibility.

the person who originally spied this car a few months back said it was spotted with a Supra and a M2 competition. those being likely benchmark cars is where I got my and price and power numbers from as in what it would need to be in the mix with both

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
i see a red z32 TT, please do share pics :D

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
I think it's a lot easier getting 50HP more HP out of the VR than even getting 10HP out of the VQ. Nissan technically doesn't even need to change a single part on the new Z, literally just new ECU code could do it.

Especially easy given that Nissan has already announced a Japan-only optional engine tuning package by Nismo.

The "Nismo Sports Resetting Type 2"

According to Nissan, the “Nismo Sports Resetting Type 2” improves the engine’s output characteristics by altering the boost pressure and the ignition timing. This is made possible thanks to a dedicated Engine Control Module and without any changes in the hardware. Besides the engine tweaks, Nismo claims an improved acceleration response in low and medium revs, although this is only compatible with vehicles fitted with the automatic gearbox and with the “Sports” driving mode activated.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer