Nismo Z prototype spied testing in the U.S.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Seems this is indeed a Nismo test car. Nismo Recaro seats in it. They're definitely hiding something in the top part of the grille... Probably trying to be sneaky about it.

EDIT^ He beat me to it.
Gentlemen, you had my interest. Now, you have my attention. The Recaro seats are the smoking gun we've been looking for. This is no standard Z test mule.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
Seems this is indeed a Nismo test car. Nismo Recaro seats in it. They're definitely hiding something in the top part of the grille... Probably trying to be sneaky about it.

EDIT^ He beat me to it.
This is a great spot for sure 👍🏻
Though, personally I was hoping Nissan would adapt the Recaros from the NISMO Juke instead of reusing the 370Z ones, as (ironically) the Juke comes with full Recaros vs just the seatback in the NISMO Zs.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Is there any possibility that this could be aftermarket development and not by Nissan?
I would have accepted that possibly if it wasn't spotted alongside an MKV and two base Zs. That's more along the lines of manufacturer benchmarking.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
unless they saw the not so greatish reviews and said haha ha guys those other z are for the scrubs that dont care about powa lol or maybe they are planning on selling a bunch of nismo upgrades for the Z

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
unless they saw the not so greatish reviews and said haha ha guys those other z are for the scrubs that dont care about powa lol or maybe they are planning on selling a bunch of nismo upgrades for the Z
This is something else I think could be a possibility. They're selling sooo many extras with the new Z compared to the old one. They already are offering a Nismo exhaust from factory that you can upgrade to. I wouldn't be surprised if they're testing a different front bumper, seats, etc to offer for an extra $3k or something. But seeing the seats AND different front bumper AND it had 2 different sets of wheels AND it appeared to have bigger 6 piston brakes in the front, all at the same time on it makes me lean more towards Nismo testing.

Last edited:

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
This is something else I think could be a possibility. They're selling sooo many extras with the new Z compared to the old one. They already are offering a Nismo exhaust from factory that you can upgrade to. I wouldn't be surprised if they're testing a different front bumper, seats, etc to offer for an extra $3k or something. But seeing the seats AND different front bumper AND it had 2 different sets of wheels AND it appeared to have bigger 6 piston brakes in the front, all at the same time on it makes me lean more towards Nismo testing.
I would doubt Nissan would sell the Nismo seats separately only reason being they didn't even sell them when the nismo was out for previous generations. I'm skeptical that they're already teasing the nismo, but seeing Recaro seats in there does give me a good feeling that it might be true. I guess time will tell.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
The good news about Nissan testing a possible Nismo version is that typically Nissan needs the business case of selling a bunch of the lesser versions before committing to a Nismo. Hopefully it means they feel they will be selling a bunch of Sport and Performance versions to justify investing in a Nismo.