Nismo Z prototype spied testing in the U.S.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Here is a possible Nismo Z prototype that has been spied testing here in the U.S. A few clues include revised front/rear bumpers, lack of rear wing spoiler and similar 9-spoke wheels as the current Nissan GT-R NISMO.

nismoz-prottoype-spied-testing-in-US.jpeg
They should just concentrate on delivering the Z they promised a year ago

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I'm now only interested in the Nismo IF hybridized, no more 100% ICE, too late for that....My RB 240Z will be my last.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Interesting. Definitely has different body panels as expected. That bottom entire rear definitely appears to be changed. Looks like it has an "F1 style" brake light now as well. Can tell the front is different as well just looking at the bottom corner piece.

Interested to see it's reveal and just how much they changed. Likely going to still be overpriced, but we'll see.

1671149108705.png

1671149224379.png

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Could just be testing parts also? They cant even get the regular z’s out what makes you think a nismo is ready for a production release anytime soon 😂. Those nismo parts seem like they are headed that direction and from that standpoint better for the money

Bayareaz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z
I want to see a body kit similar to the original nismo v1 from the 350z including wing and side skirts. I used to have one and it was BEAUTIFUL! 🔥 😍

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I'm now only interested in the Nismo IF hybridized, no more 100% ICE, too late for that....My RB 240Z will be my last.
Well, may as well move on now....

There's no room in the Z chassis for a battery pack. Nissan did offer a hybrid Q50 that was fairly decent, but the sedan has far more room than the coupe, and the battery ate into the otherwise generous trunk space.
If you've poked around a Z or Q60, you'll understand what I mean about there's nowhere to stuff even a smallish battery pack....

I'm also pretty sure that many who think hybrid version of this current Z would be cool would simultaneously bitch about the weight....

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
They should just concentrate on delivering the Z they promised a year ago
Agreed. Ford pulled a similar thing, tens of thousands of people were still waiting for their regular Broncos, yet for some reason Ford was leaking and teasing special Raptor and Everglades versions. It stirred things up at the time in not such a good way.