Nismo Z prototype spied testing in the U.S.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
@MCN1SMO, did you happen to ask about availability of regular Z's. They still seem so scarce.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
@MCN1SMO, did you happen to ask about availability of regular Z's. They still seem so scarce.

So I did yes and at the end of the conversation I sort of understood where part of the problem lies at least in my opinion. So I'm showing this person my Z talking about how proud I am of it and about the struggle it was to get it. Of course there was an acknowledgement of this being a difficult roll out ect.

I had actually reached out for help from NIssan months ago about getting a Z. before anything could or couldn't be done I randomly found my Z on my own.

So I started talking about the NISMO Z and showing them in person how I have the #1 GTR NISMO in the US. I said it would be a real honor to have one of the first NISMO Zs to match it but I just couldn't and wouldn't go through what I did for my current Z all over again.

I got a reply about how the best thing to do is have a good relationship with a dealer to secure one. .....record scratch...... It hit me that at least at the high corporate level(non US based) I don't think there is an understanding of how the dealer system in the US works where up to this point they haven't been able to choose what Z's they get.

I started talking about how dealers get sent what they get sent and even if you have a relationship with a certain dealer there is no guarantee for example they could get a black NISMO Z and the ones who did get that exact car would have it for an astronomical price.

Most of the people I've interacted with at Nissan are responsible for the creation design engineering and marketing of the Z. They all have been generous with their time and really are excited about the Z and have a genuine interest in seeing it gets to the customer.

But these guys they all seem so far removed from the actual inventory supply side of the Z that they just don't have a boots on the ground grasp of some of the issues we have been facing especially at the dealer level as that just isn't in their world at all.

My take away is with most large corporations everything is so compartmentalized. The issues with the Z roll out affecting customers lie across many different areas and no one person within has the answer or maybe sees the big complete picture. So all the customer is going to get is statements about how they are trying to increase production ect like we have seen before.

It's sort of a catch 22. Things won't get better until a customer can order the Z they want but customers can't order the Z they want because of the scarcity and the fact things arnt better yet.

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
So I did yes and at the end of the conversation I sort of understood where part of the problem lies at least in my opinion. So I'm showing this person my Z talking about how proud I am of it and about the struggle it was to get it. Of course there was an acknowledgement of this being a difficult roll out ect.

I had actually reached out for help from NIssan months ago about getting a Z. before anything could or couldn't be done I randomly found my Z on my own.

So I started talking about the NISMO Z and showing them in person how I have the #1 GTR NISMO in the US. I said it would be a real honor to have one of the first NISMO Zs to match it but I just couldn't and wouldn't go through what I did for my current Z all over again.

I got a reply about how the best thing to do is have a good relationship with a dealer to secure one. .....record scratch...... It hit me that at least at the high corporate level(non US based) I don't think there is an understanding of how the dealer system in the US works where up to this point they haven't been able to choose what Z's they get.

I started talking about how dealers get sent what they get sent and even if you have a relationship with a certain dealer there is no guarantee for example they could get a black NISMO Z and the ones who did get that exact car would have it for an astronomical price.

Most of the people I've interacted with at Nissan are responsible for the creation design engineering and marketing of the Z. They all have been generous with their time and really are excited about the Z and have a genuine interest in seeing it gets to the customer.

But these guys they all seem so far removed from the actual inventory supply side of the Z that they just don't have a boots on the ground grasp of some of the issues we have been facing especially at the dealer level as that just isn't in their world at all.

My take away is with most large corporations everything is so compartmentalized. The issues with the Z roll out affecting customers lie across many different areas and no one person within has the answer or maybe sees the big complete picture. So all the customer is going to get is statements about how they are trying to increase production ect like we have seen before.

It's sort of a catch 22. Things won't get better until a customer can order the Z they want but customers can't order the Z they want because of the scarcity and the fact things arnt better yet.
Thx for sharing what info you were able to obtain.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thx for sharing what info you were able to obtain.
no problem not nearly what I was hoping for but didnt walk away empty handed lol

Facts:
Summer 2023 announcement
New grill/mouth for better cooling based on GT4 program R&D
Confirmed GTR NISMO style wheels

My personal Speculation:
Auto only

Last edited:

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
no problem not nearly what I was hoping for but didnt walk away empty handed lol

Facts:
Summer 2023 announcement
new Grill/mouth for better cooling based on GT4 program R&D
confirmed GTR NISMO style wheels

Speculation:
could be auto only
I hope the NISMO is not auto only. I think the Nismo grill/mouth is going to look great. The GTR style wheels will also look really good on the car. Your Info was helpful & lets hope they stick to the summer announcement schedule. It will certainly be a ‘24 Model.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I sure as hell haven't heard anything along those lines, don't wish that evil.

it's just I have a gut feeling as the only reason I even remotely think that is besides making sense for the objective of the car in my opinion. I was speaking with the global director of NISMO In charge of all motorsports and all street cars. so honestly it could be he was just overly guarded In his responses but when I talked about the sports resetting package being auto only in Japan and nismo feeling maybe they only want to offer this version with maximum performance the look on his face to me felt like I was on to something. I mean we were talking openly about the aero changes and wheels ect but when I hit him with the transmission question he didn't want to give me an answer. I've developed an intuition about things like this over the years. But I do know we will see really soon

If I would have gotten all the good details I wouldnt have posted anything at all 😁
PXL_20230617_163538808~2.jpg

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
There were rumors on this site that the Nismo would be auto only which is why I brought it up as a question to ask. It’s my expectation that will be the outcome but I’m hoping I’m wrong. Car looks like exactly what I’d want but with my luck Nissan will make it auto only just so I can’t be 100% happy with the car. Lol

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There were rumors on this site that the Nismo would be auto only which is why I brought it up as a question to ask. It’s my expectation that will be the outcome but I’m hoping I’m wrong. Car looks like exactly what I’d want but with my luck Nissan will make it auto only just so I can’t be 100% happy with the car. Lol

I think if they wanted a numbers car to compete and even beat the supra where the standard Z fell a bit short then it would need to be auto.

You guys would have been impressed with my questioning strategy. I would be all over the place talking about super gt or the new GT4 Z and carbon neutral fuel ect but would always direct everything back to the NISMO Z coming out and slide in little subtle questions here and there. I did all I could 🤣

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)

Facts:
Summer 2023 announcement
New grill/mouth for better cooling based on GT4 program R&D
Confirmed GTR NISMO style wheels

My Speculation: Auto only
Cant wait to see the bumpers without camo. Could be a nice upgrade for us non nismo people.

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z32
The lower half is wrong, but the upper section looks pretty close.

n-z-nismo-to-adopt-the-fresh-gt-r-styling-or-not_1.jpg