KCZ

First Name
KCZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Evora, Boxster, Jeep, Xterra.
Z1 claims an 8HP gain on their intake which is very similar to the Nismo.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
check this out these #'s seem super high for an intake

KCZ

First Name
KCZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Evora, Boxster, Jeep, Xterra.
That's what I thought. You're usually lucky to get a 6-8HP increase, and >10 HP is unbelievable.

Last edited:

1/4atatime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver 370z 2018
check this out these #'s seem super high for an intake

Those numbers don't make any sense at all. 1. A intake shouldn't give you that much. 2. What the heck is those base numbers that's basically a tuned fbo 370z. If that's actually base on their z that engine is built wrong (very worrying for qc)

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Those numbers don't make any sense at all. 1. A intake shouldn't give you that much. 2. What the heck is those base numbers that's basically a tuned fbo 370z. If that's actually base on their z that engine is built wrong (very worrying for qc)
Dynos can vary quite a lot. They must have a heartbreaker dyno though because you're right those are the lowest numbers I've seen stock. Everything else I've seen is around 380ish.

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
i actually installed them, and same dyno/same same

temps were very similar in logs

maybe 8-10 rwhp extra
Any pics?

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
solid #'s about what is to be expected. was the install has hard as I heard it was. im still thinking about doing these but I guess I would have to pay the dealer to install them.

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
solid #'s about what is to be expected. was the install has hard as I heard it was. im still thinking about doing these but I guess I would have to pay the dealer to install them.
Dealer wanted $1,250 for NISMO intakes and installation 😳

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dealer wanted $1,250 for NISMO intakes and installation 😳

cheapest ive found them online is $525(can be found multiple places for 600) so 600-700 labor would be a hard pass

Last edited:

goeagles11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z
That's what I've heard. Also heard AMS makes them off brand for NISMO
That kind of hurts the desire for NISMO USA parts for me. Im willing to irresponsibly spend money on authentic NISMO Japan parts but knowing that these parts are made separately by NISMO USA and they subcontracted the design out to Borla for the exhaust and AMS for the intakes just doesn’t do it for me.

This also makes sense why the NISMO Z doesn’t come with any of the Nismo parts. Even the NISMO big brake kit is different than the brakes that actually come on the Z.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That kind of hurts the desire for NISMO USA parts for me. Im willing to irresponsibly spend money on authentic NISMO Japan parts but knowing that these parts are made separately by NISMO USA and they subcontracted the design out to Borla for the exhaust and AMS for the intakes just doesn’t do it for me.

This also makes sense why the NISMO Z doesn’t come with any of the Nismo parts. Even the NISMO big brake kit is different than the brakes that actually come on the Z.

yeah that is how the NISMO USA stuff works they are a just different entity than NISMO Japan. They are a small team of passionate people who operate a super niche arm within nissan.

like the new LM RS1 wheels I believe are made by Titan7. the NISMO midpipe I have for my GTR NISMO was made by Mackin. the Z Brakes used to be Stoptech maybe If I remember? Its all good quality and I get why and how this is outsourced. I just think of NISMO USA as every day parts you use real word and I think of the NISMO Japan as designer clothing you window shop lol.